Trent Barrett at Penrith

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith have largely the same roster as last year. They were average last year. Barrett is the one who has made the most impact. Cleary was an average half for years until this year. Barrett was a gun creative half in his era, could take the defence on and a great passing game.
Was barrett working there last year?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No. He joined them this year.
So as I understand it, his reputation his coming from the fact the panthers are white hot this year and coinciding with his arrival?

that's commendable. However, there are still many factors to this. Staines, Crichton, Burton and Api all arrived on the scene. So it's much easier for them to fire here.
I'd say Barrett has input, but I feel it might be overblown or we should tread cautiously with all the praise. I do like the fact that we have a half as a coach now.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So as I understand it, his reputation his coming from the fact the panthers are white hot this year and coinciding with his arrival?

that's commendable. However, there are still many factors to this. Staines, Crichton, Burton and Api all arrived on the scene. So it's much easier for them to fire here.
I'd say Barrett has input, but I feel it might be overblown or we should tread cautiously with all the praise. I do like the fact that we have a half as a coach now.
Having Api at 9 and Kikau n Chrichton on the edge has helped!

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just watching the Panthers attack tonight. They are a well oiled machine. Can’t wait for TBaz 2021. Since he has been back at the Pennies this season, Clearly has surpassed everyone else and is the premier player of the NRL! Some say it’s Tedesco but Teddy is not doing it week in week out. I’m excited for 2021!

Man I hope TBaz brings a couple of great signings, especially spine players! But you never know, he may just bring the best out of our young halves that we already have at the club! And I hope he puts a few of the Panthers JNrs in his nap sack also!
Let’s not kid our selves none of our players would make the current Penrith team.
Barrett isn’t a magician.truth be told we need to let go of at least 8 first graders.napa,tolman,Elliot,Holland,smith,Jackson,Marshall king,dwz

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone worried that Barrett contacted Lewis?
Agree. He's probably contacting all the players that will be at the club next year. It doesnt mean shit. If all Bulldogs fans (and even Storm fans) can see that Lewis is an imposter, I'm pretty sure Barrett can too.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree. He's probably contacting all the players that will be at the club next year. It doesnt mean shit. If all Bulldogs fans (and even Storm fans) can see that Lewis is an imposter, I'm pretty sure Barrett can too.
Yep. These phone calls won't mean shit, we'll know what he wants to do round 1 2021, after he's had pre-season training with them and actually evaluated them close up.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. These phone calls won't mean shit, we'll know what he wants to do round 1 2021, after he's had pre-season training with them and actually evaluated them close up.
I cant imagine Lewis getting a FG spot once Barrett has seen Avo and BBO at training (assuming we don't get Burton). Those 2 kids blow Lewis off the park in terms of skill. Just look at the flick behind the back pass Avo threw in the first half yesterday - that's probably why Jacko said he was the most skillful player he had seen at his age. Cant wait to see him get a shot in the spine.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is not up to first grade and never will be im no coach but how many chances can you give the kid.
Roosters drop flanigan we would jizz if we had him lol