Trent Barrett at Penrith

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone worried that Barrett contacted Lewis?

Barrett will choose the best halves to start next year after a full preseason. If he somehow gets Lewis up to par in the offseason and sees him as the best half, I’d be happy to see how he goes.

Anyone that thinks Barrett has already chosen the starting halves for next year is incorrect.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
How do we know what impact Barrett is having?

he's one of an ensemble of cos he's in a system that is flush with juniors atm yo.
no impact he not here yet

Mathster

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I think the only way we are going to win games next year and for reminder of this year is by signing 13 Lachlan Lewis in our team. If Trent can get another 12 Lachlan Lewis then we should win next years grand final.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
10. Thompson
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Mariner
16. To’Omaga

Averillo 1/6 pending Burton.
DWZ and Smith are putrid and have terrible attitudes. Trent has a lot of gaps to fill.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent most likely watched our game and now watching the panthers wondering wtf has he done... on a serious note we do need spine players but god I’ll take crighton every day if the week. Young strong and talented.
Watching the panthers reminds me of the dogs back in the days when we where the entertainers and embarrassed teams

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are like the Roosters everything is done at speed. Compare that to our dud attack slow lethargic Foran preserving himself not getting involved.
Everything they do in attack is because of Barrett, hopefully he can bring that here

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cleary is in career best form
Api arguably as well
Luai much more rounded player
May has added strings to his bow and covers variety of positions

Burton boom rookie

Baz fingerprint all over this

If he somehow transforms Lewis that’s going to be a miracle of biblical proportions

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh yes, Lord Trent is our saviour. But if not Trent, then maybe Georgallis or Holbrook or Walters or Lindsay Collins.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman isn't as bad as peopel here say. He just isn't being used right yo.

needs to stay out of the attack Beyond the third tackle and be a tackle machine. Nothing more

Lewis can be an Australian rep if he's worked on. Guys justcome out of a dark place but his presence on the field is felt immensely

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett personally contacting lewis is concerning... almost as though he is one of the halfs for the start of next year...
If he watched the game tonight he will already be looking for a HB if he isn’t his second stint as a head coach will be shorter than his first if he starts lewis next year we will be spooners again

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
How do we know what impact Barrett is having?

he's one of an ensemble of cos he's in a system that is flush with juniors atm yo.
Penrith have largely the same roster as last year. They were average last year. Barrett is the one who has made the most impact. Cleary was an average half for years until this year. Barrett was a gun creative half in his era, could take the defence on and a great passing game.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman isn't as bad as peopel here say. He just isn't being used right yo.

needs to stay out of the attack Beyond the third tackle and be a tackle machine. Nothing more

Lewis can be an Australian rep if he's worked on. Guys justcome out of a dark place but his presence on the field is felt immensely
WTF

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched a bunch of Penrith player interviews post game. Like last week, when asked about particular attacking sucesses, a number of players are mentioning Trent Barrett.

I've turned the corner on Barrett and I'm officially optimistic.