Opinion Trent Barrett and recruits

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has to buy a hooker (Brandon Smith) otherwise we'll continue to finish in the bottom 4, and closer to the wooden spoon.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon Smith or Josh Hodgson (max till 2023) will make me very happy. Pommy relationship with Luke Thompson may help us get it over the line.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett needs to recruit a good hooker and add more go forward (ie. a couple quality middle third forwards) for 2022 or he is gone by mid season next year

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who should he have a crack at Dave?
Get the recruitment team down to watch the Emu Plains under 8's on Saturday, im sure they can find better quality in that team than what we've got at the moment

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What makes you think he won't and they're not talking to players in those positions?

We've been talking to Rudolph, Smith and others. Just wait and see what happens. I'm sure Barrett knows we need a hooker and forwards..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He surely does this thread is just more rehash and stating the bleeding obvious over and over ..the killer i find is not KNOWING the who what and when.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course he needs a hooker. He knows that, the club knows that. Even parts of outer Finland that only watch rugba leeg once every 15 years knows that.

Hence why we are chasing Brandon Smith. Hence we enquired about Josh Hodgson.

Hence why the previous board and coach went hard for Api Korosau and nearly got him.

The problem is that everyone in the game knows we need a decent number 9 and the player managers will take advantage of this. Its easy to say "sign a decent hooker" but its another thing to just do it.

Hopefully we invest in our juniors and dont forget about them like Des did so we can produce some quality players instead of having to sign players all of the farkin time.

As for the go forward, I think you will find that with a decent hooker and outside backs like JAC and Naden starting our sets we are not as far off as alot of people think. We definitely need a decent middle and a decent backrower but I dont think we need to break the bank there.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
hookers dont win the middle, the middles win the ruck, then the hooker can take advantage of it
I think he made a big mistake in thinking his current forward pack was good enough especially knowing Thompson was available until round 5

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz will get it done. New player signings for next year with more to come. bring on 2022

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was hesitant to open this thread seeing Davey started it, but ive gotta say he is making progress (not alot but still a little) i'd say he's progressed from the Kennel's Katoa to the Kennel's JMK...... if you keep knuckling down mate you be all the way up to the Waddel level by seasons end

keep up the good work

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was hesitant to open this thread seeing Davey started it, but ive gotta say he is making progress (not alot but still a little) i'd say he's progressed from the Kennel's Katoa to the Kennel's JMK...... if you keep knuckling down mate you be all the way up to the Waddel level by seasons end

keep up the good work
I was thinking he has progressed to repetitive.