Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d only go for experienced head coaches, no more assistants looking for a breakthrough head coaching job.
flanagan
Toovey
Strike me as the only two that would be able to give some blokes home truths about their abilities. Although a flanno snr and jnr combo concerns me

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if this is all just to try and settle the fans. They’ll say they are doing something but not really do anything. Something like the board has agreed to allow Baz to finish the season and will make a decision on his future at season end. If the team show improvement over the second half of the season it will go along way to securing Baz the 2023 coaching job.
If that's the case then for the first time ever I will hope we don't win another game until he fucks off. Makes it easy when there is a very good chance we won't fluke another win anyways.

I don't care if this pisses people off but what Baz is doing is far worse than any of us can do.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My guess is he won’t be sacked and either or of the following will occur:

1) An Internal review will take place, lasting a couple of weeks
2) Maybe some lower level coaches sacked

I doubt Baz gets sacked this week. But FMD I hope he does.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are fucking delusional. The panthers are about to win 3 comps in the next 5 years because of what Gus did there. They always had the catchment but he put the development in place.

Don’t you recall when he told Baz not to take the job ??? So how did he try and get him a job ??

The dragons and warriors comments is pure trolling. He did a review at the dragons and his role at the warriors was ruined by covid.

I honestly gave you the benefit of the doubt but as your user name suggests you are a fuckwit. Leave the site and let genuine supporters, and not trolls like you, talk about our team
That’s a bit harsh…

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
First thing that should be said.

We've won 2 games this year. And both of those games, the opposition couldn't have played worse.

And we lost against last who also played crap.

Something is changing. Now.
1 of those games can't be credited to baz, Gus booted him to the side lines and Gus trained them.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched Corey Parker’s take on this and the bloke must be suffering from some serious concussion side effects.
He literally argued against his own points
How many times did he say "....long period of time"

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if this is all just to try and settle the fans. They’ll say they are doing something but not really do anything. Something like the board has agreed to allow Baz to finish the season and will make a decision on his future at season end. If the team show improvement over the second half of the season it will go along way to securing Baz the 2023 coaching job.
Don't think that would settle anyone down. Plus That would be conceding this season and I'm never a fan of that, it's a waste of time and time that could be used moving forward.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt he’s sacked tomorrow but the wheels are in motion. We might even hear he has full support of the board this week but results will depend on when he’s given the bullet. If we get a couple of wins he could survive to the end of the year but if the loss’s continue he will be gone in weeks. His cards are marked it’s just a matter of when it happens.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t see it. They’ll sack the waterboy and that trainer that needs a trainer. He will then clear out the assistants. Fake warning shot to barrett. They will put out some article about how our fitness is the worst. They’ll then sign the black beast to train and drink with the players.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh…
He will have his comeback and is entitled to it .But to suggest Gus is the problem is delusional.

It’s going to keep happening mate. Board has a 2 year term . If the coach doesn’t get results they sack him to get re elected. This is what got us in to this situation . Why would a coach give a fuck about developing a young player when he will be gone by the time he comes good ????

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If that's the case then for the first time ever I will hope we don't win another game until he fucks off. Makes it easy when there is a very good chance we won't fluke another win anyways.

I don't care if this pisses people off but what Baz is doing is far worse than any of us can do.
I hope they just make the call now, but I just have a feeling Gus will fight hard to buy more time. That’s just my gut feel, I’ve been wrong millions of time before, just ask my Wife haha

TAS

All In
Reaction score
I doubt he’s sacked tomorrow but the wheels are in motion. We might even hear he has full support of the board this week but results will depend on when he’s given the bullet. If we get a couple of wins he could survive to the end of the year but if the loss’s continue he will be gone in weeks. His cards are marked it’s just a matter of when it happens.

I agree. I think he survives tomorrow but the next two games will be the test. Tigers at Leichhardt then Dragons at Belmore. Personally I can’t see us winning either of those. I think they’ll pull the trigger after those two losses

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will have his comeback and is entitled to it .But to suggest Gus is the problem is delusional.

It’s going to keep happening mate. Board has a 2 year term . If the coach doesn’t get results they sack him to get re elected. This is what got us in to this situation . Why would a coach give a fuck about developing a young player when he will be gone by the time he comes good ????
I think us fans are just asking to see something, anything. Baz literally gave us nothing and dug the hole deeper.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
By not sacking him tomorrow means the board are happy to completely write this season off without giving a fuck about the progression of our young pups, who are already stalled the last year or two.

Honestly it would be unbelievable and moronic if he isn't sacked tomorrow.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they are willing to give him more time than what's the point holding a emergency meeting. They could tell him behind closed doors and avoid all the media attention.

Whatever they choose to do, we need to hear it first from the club as they need to front the fans, fess up and give us signs that there is improvement otherwise they are just as bad as him.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they did that, they'll have till next game to get things right otherwise the fans will literally camp in front of the leagues club and cause a riot.

They wouldn't be that stupid knowing the current sentiment of the fans to announce an announcement for tomorrow and come out with a statement like that.

They wouldnt poke the bear like that....