Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I feel for him as he comes across a nice bloke and clearly knows his shit. Though he’s made his bed. Ferris is a joke. Doesn’t belong near a footy team. He’s shown that countless times at manly and titans. Hand picked by baz. He’s not got anyone firing. They look clueless and out of their depth. He has no idea what he’s doing.

He has recruited some great players and we are still last. Arguably the first broncos game we got fucking shafted but that’s not enough.

He clearly hasn’t got them firing and it’s time to say enough. I agree we need a hard **** to say Fucking play and fire the fuck up. No more best mates nice guys.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those 360 flops will be talking about our duty of care to Baz.
It is duty of care to protect Barrett from the pitchfork lynchmob that are the long suffering Bulldog supporters.

Have a holiday Trent, here is some spending money. Make it a boys trip and take Furner and a few others with you bud.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I feel for him as he comes across a nice bloke and clearly knows his shit. Though he’s made his bed. Ferris is a joke. Doesn’t belong near a footy team. He’s shown that countless times at manly and titans. Hand picked by baz. He’s not got anyone firing. They look clueless and out of their depth. He has no idea what he’s doing.

He has recruited some great players and we are still last. Arguably the first broncos game we got fucking shafted but that’s not enough.

He clearly hasn’t got them firing and it’s time to say enough. I agree we need a hard **** to say Fucking play and fire the fuck up. No more best mates nice guys.
What shit does he know bro? I can't see one area that he knows and does right.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Oh please, he fucked Manly up. And when Des got them firing took the credit.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are coming last and will be the biggest rugby league story this week

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any suggestion who??

New Age- Ciraldo
Or
Old School- Flanagan
Not sure who the long term coach will be, most likely an interim coach for the rest of the year. However I was told the week Gus stepped in to help coach the decision on Baz and co was made. Conversations were had and the realisation was that some players were confused about their assignments on the field and lack of effort or responsibility.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury officials will hold a meeting in the next 48 hours to discuss the team’s poor start to the season and the future of coach Trent Barrett.

The Herald can reveal frustrated Canterbury powerbrokers spent the weekend on the phone to each other questioning whether the coach was still the right man for the job. Club officials confirmed to the Herald that a meeting has been scheduled for Monday.

Bulldogs officials will ask director of football Phil Gould to get to the bottom of the team's lacklustre opening 10 rounds and to determine if a solution is possible with Barrett at the helm.
The board is not due to meet for another fortnight, but that won’t stop the club from calling an urgent meeting if it decides that Barrett is no longer the coach to lead them forward.

The meeting will be pivotal in deciding the next course of action. It is understood Barrett will not take part but will be consulted along the way.
Directors have been inundated over the weekend with complaints from furious club members who want the club to sever ties with Barrett given he has won just five of 34 games since taking over from Dean Pay in 2021.

The future of under-siege Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett will be discussed by the club’s board on Monday.

The future of under-siege Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett will be discussed by the club’s board on Monday.

Chairman John Khoury declined to comment when contacted by the Herald on Sunday.
There are influential figures at the Bulldogs who believe an experienced coach is needed to get the best out of a roster they believe is far better than a bottom-of-the-table football team.

That puts Shane Flanagan, whose son Kyle is contracted to the Bulldogs on a lucrative deal for one more year, in the box seat alongside former North Queensland premiership-winner Paul Green.

St Helens coach Kristian Woolf and Penrith assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo will also come into the equation should Barrett and the club part ways in coming weeks.

Canterbury supremo Phil Gould (left) has publicly backed Barrett but former Panthers caretaker Cameron Ciraldo (right) will come into contention should the Bulldogs board see things differently.

Canterbury supremo Phil Gould (left) has publicly backed Barrett but former Panthers caretaker Cameron Ciraldo (right) will come into contention should the Bulldogs

Gould has a strong voice at the club and recently backed Barrett to remain as the long-term coach.

“Trent Barrett will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after I’m gone,” Gould said on Nine’s 100% Footy. “He’s a long-term coach for the club.”

Not everyone at the Bulldogs agrees with that notion. Some want Barrett to be given extra guidance and assistance, while the patience of others has worn thin.

The Bulldogs don't have a difficult draw over the next fortnight. They take on the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval this Friday night, followed by a home game at Belmore Sportsground against St George Illawarra.

A lot could hinge on the results of two matches Canterbury officials believe they should be winning.