Opinion Trent Barret not the coach we need

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Surely we can get a far more experienced coach than Barret. Why are we talking about Barret when he was unsuccessful at Manly. We need an experienced and respected figure who can have the impact we need.

lukemuz

New Pup
Reaction score
He wasn’t unsuccessful at manly. He wanted to run the club but the board were trying to run it for him. Barrett will be perfect for us. Young and enthusiastic. Look at the results he is getting at Penrith with there attack. Hopefully he can bring Chriton and burton. Get behind him he will do a great job.

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
He wasn’t unsuccessful at manly. He wanted to run the club but the board were trying to run it for him. Barrett will be perfect for us. Young and enthusiastic. Look at the results he is getting at Penrith with there attack. Hopefully he can bring Chriton and burton. Get behind him he will do a great job.
What results! They have won a few games and he his the great attacking coach. When they make the top 4 and give the comp a shake, then talk about his coaching ability.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun Wane with Barrett as assistant (backs coach) as he is at the Panthers only we offer him more money

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Barrett on board Perhaps we can rebuild our juniors too by robbing Penrith of theirs!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if we get him we will be competitive, our attack will improve, and let’s face it.. it’s only up from here, we will be exciting to watch again, not to mention it won’t be loss after loss, there’s plenty to get excited about, and as always.. If he does come, he gets the benefit of the doubt until failure creeps in.!!

lukemuz

New Pup
Reaction score
What results! They have won a few games and he his the great attacking coach. When they make the top 4 and give the comp a shake, then talk about his coaching ability.
They are sitting second at the moment and there attack looks pritty good to me. If you don’t want Barrett who are you suggesting?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sold on Barrett being the sole reason for Panthers attack improving. They signed one of the best attacking hookers in the game, Koroisau. They were playing with a hooker worse than ours the season before.

lukemuz

New Pup
Reaction score
Not sold on Barrett being the sole reason for Panthers attack improving. They signed one of the best attacking hookers in the game, Koroisau.
Yes I totally agree with you there but he also was a big reason api went to Penrith. I think he is worth a shot not many better options out there.

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
They are sitting second at the moment and there attack looks pritty good to me. If you don’t want Barrett who are you suggesting?
We need to officially offer the position and see who else may be interested. We are targeting Barret who has no runs on the board.

lukemuz

New Pup
Reaction score
We need to officially offer the position and see who else may be interested. We are targeting Barret who has no runs on the board.
Fair call. But it will be good to bring a coach who is up to speed with all the new rules and regulations and someone who has good connections with current players I say give Trent first crack. Anyway time will tell see what happens. But we should all get behind the decision regardless and start being positive.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair call. But it will be good to bring a coach who is up to speed with all the new rules and regulations and someone who has good connections with current players I say give Trent first crack. Anyway time will tell see what happens. But we should all get behind the decision regardless and start being positive.
Good stuff waterboy.!!

#BarettCanCoach

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need the new coach NOW so he can work on new players who naturally will want to talk to the new coach before they sign. Barrett can't talk to anyone on our behalf while at the Panthers. If Barrett can't come til next year that's just too late for our needs. We'll have already missed out on virtually everyone.

Sign Wane now and Barrett can come as a well paid assistant next year.

Reactions: TAS

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope so.. but I wouldnt call a 40% win percentage at Manly a success.. which means it was ultimately unsuccessful..

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The right coach is the guy that doesn’t persist with 90% of this squad. I don’t care who it is as long as he hits that quota of players told to f#%k off. Sick of the same players playing the same pathetic boring brand of footy!!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am honestly 100% on the fence here.
Big pros and big cons either way.
I’d go 2 years with a third in our option if possible.

I’m really 50/50

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he brings in an experienced team with him. Ideally he needs an experienced assistant coach, Anthony Griffin would be good he's build a couple of good squads in his time.
Strength and conditioning needs a complete overhaul, we look unfit compared to most sides.