Opinion Trent Barret not the coach we need

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sold on Barrett being the sole reason for Panthers attack improving. They signed one of the best attacking hookers in the game, Koroisau. They were playing with a hooker worse than ours the season before.
And who convinced that Hooker to sign with Penwiff?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And who convinced that Hooker to sign with Penwiff?
Why would Koroisau come to us when he can go to the Panthers who are a better team currently and they reportedly offered more money. No brainer even if Barrett being a factor was true.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Answer the question.
I don't believe Barrett was the reason if that's what you're looking for. Expected success at the Panthers + more money.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
OP was ahead of his time, also every Manly supporter I speak to rate Barrett very very highly!

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP was ahead of his time, also every Manly supporter I speak to rate Barrett very very highly!
I don't think so.

Grown up on the beaches, my mates a major sponsor of the club and I can assure you fans wanted him gone.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent was the coach we needed. He helped attract the talent which Pay wouldn’t have got.
He needs to turn that talent into some form of attacking structure as it’s a shambles.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Barrett is terrible. Think of this, Barrett was a five eighth when he played. So he was in the Halves. How can he not work structures out with someone to pair up with Burton. I think people are too loyal to some kind of belief it’s going to get better. Our attack is utter garbage. We do such training like plays when it comes to attack, at times - Dufty is expected to do some kind of magic, or Burton is expected to kick. Addo Carr is heavily marked so he can’t do anything and what do we have left? Believe me, I want to believe this could all work, but other than our defence improving our attack is very ordinary. I’ve had friends who are mad Panther fans, and they have heard internally, he wasn’t that great overall. I think we need get Brad Fittler, he’s said, if he had his time again he’d do things differently. Plus players would want to play for us during their career, not get players who only have a few years to go in their careers. We need something and something fast. Baz is not working with what he has.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Surely we can get a far more experienced coach than Barret. Why are we talking about Barret when he was unsuccessful at Manly. We need an experienced and respected figure who can have the impact we need.
Surely. Now exactly whose ass would we pull an experienced coach from? Also dopey af to call for a coach to be sacked after round 3 and 2 close losses. Last year doesn't count. Side was too shit to compete then