Travis Touma (HPM)

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think fitness has been this clubs major weakness over the last half dozen seasons. I put more blame on roster management. I.e failure to recruit effectively in key positions, and resigning / persisting with dud reserve grade standard players, neglecting juniors etc

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is Touma a common name?

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as he flogs the princesses out of the players the then I don't care who we get

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not get too carried away here .... we may NOT have been the fittest team, and there is certainly scope for improvement, but there is no way we were that far behind the eight ball.

People suggesting otherwise must rate the club as being totally incompetent.

The claim that Ferris couldn't get the boys fit because of his own appearance is farking ludicrous.

Poor teams tend to get gassed as they are having to do more defense. It really is that simple.

We looked fit when we actually won games.

Training takes place in blocks with varying training loads. ALL teams will appear leggy at various times.

It has similarities to a swimmer getting his/her taper correct.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think fitness has been this clubs major weakness over the last half dozen seasons. I put more blame on roster management. I.e failure to recruit effectively in key positions, and resigning / persisting with dud reserve grade standard players, neglecting juniors etc
Our fitness has been that of an amateur park football team for a long time.

Yes our roster management has been ordinary. Our coaching has been ordinary.

But make no mistake if we had a quality strength & conditioning coach with Barrett coaching. Barrett might still have the job.

The fitness and conditioning of the squad is the single most important piece in the puzzle. Before quality of squad!