Transgender sports people

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Height is but one factor and doesn't alone determine the outcome.

The main contributing factor is muscle, how much of it, the type of it and how efficiently its used. Muscle mass is determined by things like testerone levels, which is why natural female body builders won't put anywhere near the muscle mass of an amateur male lifter.

A transgender athlete on hormone replacement therapy would thereby be impeding their atheltic/muscle mass performance.
Height was simply one irrefutable example. Tell a Basketballer, pole vaulter, high jumper, long jumper etc etc that the extra few inches from being born a male doesn't make a difference. Only a few studies have been done but the consensus so far indicates it takes around 3 years for the the natural testosterone advantages to be fully supressed. Simply put that means transgenders have 2 years of unfair advantage, which for example is enough to win a gold medal at the Olympics.

Always a Bulldog

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Height was simply one irrefutable example. Tell a Basketballer, pole vaulter, high jumper, long jumper etc etc that the extra few inches from being born a male doesn't make a difference. Only a few studies have been done but the consensus so far indicates it takes around 3 years for the the natural testosterone advantages to be fully supressed. Simply put that means transgenders have 2 years of unfair advantage, which for example is enough to win a gold medal at the Olympics.

Always a Bulldog
Mate seriously, did you read my post?

but after about year 3 onwards this advantages are significantly reduced. Rules may need to be changed to reflect this, at the moment it's only a year after
I already said that rules may need to be looked at and changed to a 3 year period.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with Hacky, you can't ignore the advantages men-to-women transgenders get when competing against women in most sports. Alternatively, a woman-to-man transgender wouldn't be able to compete against men, so they really should just be banned imo.
Isn't that yet another issue with Al this, in that women to man trans still want to compete in the women's divisions ? Does my freaking head in.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate seriously, did you read my post?
Yes, I did.

I already said that rules may need to be looked at and changed to a 3 year period.
That was floated and there was a huge uproar (from the small minority) that it was unfair as the binaries didn't have to wait 3 years.

Can't exactly tell a college athlete to wait for 3 years, they are only there for 4 years.

Always a Bulldog

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a pretty farkin easy problem to solve, we don't have "Male Sports" and "Female Sports" any more , we have "Y Chromosome Sports" and "X Chromosome Sports". None of this too much testosterone or too little estrogen bullshit, does away with manipulatable and ongoing blood testing. Show us your chromosomes, "OK you are a Y you play in the Y Chromosome competition", simple. They can still identify as female but they play in the Y Chromosome competition, not that hard to understand.

Always a Bulldog
We already have the x games
I asked y
Course the normal games just don't have enough adrenaline.

Oh oh you mean chromosomes sorry carry on.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone find me an example of a trans who was a female who turned male and competed against men in a physical sport?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone find me an example of a trans who was a female who turned male and competed against men in a physical sport?
There's not many. There was a runner for America who almost qualified for the Olympics.

There was also a Wrestler in America who converted to male then never lost a wrestling match after that.

But at the professional level, I don't think there's any really.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And why do we only see trans females wanting to compete with women, but never hear about a trans men wanting to compete against men, if there is no physical differences?

Edit: just realised someone else made this point.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think being transgender is a form of mental illness that society decides to embrace rather than offend by labelling it as such. Thinking you're something you not is in my opinion a serious form of delusion. I reckon at least half of the sympathisers are just too scared to come out and say what they really think because the rest of society love ragging on those with strong opinions. I also think these people need to be treated with compassion and as people, but yeah on the sport thing... no way, sorry not allowed to compete against genetically born females.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think being transgender is a form of mental illness that society decides to embrace rather than offend by labelling it as such. Thinking you're something you not is in my opinion a serious form of delusion. I reckon at least half of the sympathisers are just too scared to come out and say what they really think because the rest of society love ragging on those with strong opinions. I also think these people need to be treated with compassion and as people, but yeah on the sport thing... no way, sorry not allowed to compete against genetically born females.
I agree on the last part. As for the rest of your post, you could be right. But psychology says the opposite so you have to prove an entire field of science to be wrong.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree on the last part. As for the rest of your post, you could be right. But psychology says the opposite so you have to prove an entire field of science to be wrong.
I'm open to being wrong. Mines just an opinion after all.. and I haven't studied the field or have any personal experience so perhaps it's completely baseless