Transgender sports people

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
FINA has banned them from all swimming events including the Olympics.
They can still compete if they start the HRT process by the age of 12, I think. They had an interview with a trans athlete on the Project last night. I think it may have been Hannah Mouncey, but not sure.....I was cooking and only half watching....

Anyway, she seemed to be saying there shouldn't even be a debate on this, that the science was settled and trans athletes who had been on HRT for only a short time had no physical advantage.... But then when asked about the evidence which led to her drawing this conclusion, her reply was she used to be able to bench 150kg and was only able to bench 70 a short time after starting HRT. Anyway, despite saying the science was settled, her argument was purely anecdotal.... far from scientific. Sporting bodies can't be basing their decisions on anecdotal evidence.

I can understand trans people wanting to compete..... especially if they were already gifted athletes prior to transitioning. But I dunno.... Hannah Mouncey goes at around 220 pounds, or something like that. She's absolutely huge. I find it hard to believe her muscle mass, bone density and the stature of her physical frame alone don't put her at an advantage over fellow competitors. Is that opinion scientific? Maybe not. But it seems Hannah's isn't either. You can't tell me other female athletes would be able to stand across the court or field from an athlete that absolutely towers over them like that and not feel intimidated.

It's a delicate balance.... sporting bodies need to try and balance the dignity of trans athletes with the issue of overall fairness and the best interests of their athletes as a whole.

I'm not an expert, by any stretch, but I think FINA is doing its best to find that balance. Its position seems reasonable to me, at least pending scientific evidence that is more conclusive.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trans chess :smileycat:
Trans darts :smileycat:
Trans weightlifting :screamcat:
Trans mma :screamcat:
Trans boxing :screamcat:
Trans snooker :smileycat:
Trans swimming :screamcat:
Trans athletics :screamcat:
Trans paintball :smileycat:
Trans quota's :smilingimp:
They have females competing against men in the PDC darts already..so this has been extended to allow transgenders to compete as well.. Interestingly this decision regarding transgenders was only reversed just two days ago to allow then to compete..

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They have females competing against men in the PDC darts already..so this has been extended to allow transgenders to compete as well.. Interestingly this decision regarding transgenders was only reversed just two days ago to allow then to compete..
Some dart players already have an unfair advantage, because non-alcoholics are allowed to compete.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By any standard, trans-athletes are cheating pure and simple and should not be tolerated even if it is all terribly "PC."
Putting it bluntly, (and over simplistically) if you have the X chromosome you compete as a woman, if you have the Y chromosome you compete as a man, and what is in your genes and whats rattling about in your head doesn't enter into it and are two completely separate things, simple!
Most of the hard-line LGBT activists are twats just being "fashionable" and their claims have little bases in science, common sense, or even reality and it’s about time real women stood up to it!

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1655784389327.png

"I am a 60-year-old man but I identify as a 12-year-old little girl. I demand to be accepted and allowed to play with other 12-year-old little girls...!"
Yeah! let's see how that works out...
You got to draw the line somewhere.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shouldnt it just be a case of what you came out of the factory with?? I feel for anyone that believes they are the opposite gender to what they were born and they should have every right to change to the sex they believe they are. But, from a sporting perspective there it is indisputable fact that genders are not the same biologicly and that male gender does have a power/speed/strength advantage.

Just as it is a disadvantage for handicapped athletes to compete against those who are able bodied, it is also an unfair disadvantage for female athletes to compete against those who are born genetically as a male but then change to be female.

Its not an argument, its facts.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shouldnt it just be a case of what you came out of the factory with?? I feel for anyone that believes they are the opposite gender to what they were born and they should have every right to change to the sex they believe they are. But, from a sporting perspective there it is indisputable fact that genders are not the same biologicly and that male gender does have a power/speed/strength advantage.

Just as it is a disadvantage for handicapped athletes to compete against those who are able bodied, it is also an unfair disadvantage for female athletes to compete against those who are born genetically as a male but then change to be female.

Its not an argument, its facts.
As far as the sex (Sausage or clams) thing goes, it's a bit more complex than that. It's like a massively complex thing where if you look into the biology you have women who are effectively 100% women but manage to grow a sausage, and everything in between.

But as far as sport goes, yeah. It's a hormone thing. More testo more power. It can be overcome but not everything can be overcome.

On a side note, the male/female thing isn't necessarily the most complete way to categorise it as some women develop male levels of testosterone and some men develop female levels of testosterone. But it's the best categorisation with have.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As far as the sex (Sausage or clams) thing goes, it's a bit more complex than that. It's like a massively complex thing where if you look into the biology you have women who are effectively 100% women but manage to grow a sausage, and everything in between.

But as far as sport goes, yeah. It's a hormone thing. More testo more power. It can be overcome but not everything can be overcome.

On a side note, the male/female thing isn't necessarily the most complete way to categorise it as some women develop male levels of testosterone and some men develop female levels of testosterone. But it's the best categorisation with have.
I know mate, and then there is also the issue of hermaphrodites.. The East Germans knew a thing or 2 about testosterone but at the end of the day probabaly the only fair way for the majority is to go with what someone is born with.