News Training Squad Profiles

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hmmm Chris Patolo is a Bankstown sports junior not St George Dragons. Think they got his whole profile wrong.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There still one more development contract which will be awarded after he preseason.
I know...but considering how highly rated he is and what he has already achieved then surely you give him a development contract asap.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mt isa and Redcliffe boys are tough good juniors coming through

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few of them are all around 183 182 cm tall
But all seem to be good with weight

Shcoupp Averillo Topine Reynolds Pitavao Bailey Really Looking forward to alot, the rest are okay

I hope we have a few more taller beast players
Mosese Pope looks over 200cm tall ? Daniel Sakisi, Devontai Semuamatafa Beni Teaupa Billy Mozer Lachlan Talau Matt Doorey
anyone know how big they are ?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Shcoupp Averillo Topine Reynolds Pitavao Bailey Really Looking forward to alot, the rest are okay

Mosese Pope looks over 200cm tall ? Daniel Sakisi, Devontai Semuamatafa Beni Teaupa Billy Mozer Lachlan Talau Matt Doorey
Lachlan Talau is the smallest Talau - plays hooker, Cooper Talau plays middle forward - not massive size - Mosese was the biggest of that lot - I think the modern game with gang tackling and the wrestle - being too big can be a disadvantage.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lachlan Talau is the smallest Talau - plays hooker, Cooper Talau plays middle forward - not massive size - Mosese was the biggest of that lot - I think the modern game with gang tackling and the wrestle - being too big can be a disadvantage.
Yeah cooper is bigger haha mixed its good to have both but !

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the biggest guy is a fullback.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talau was a lesson.

Loosing Willie's son through lack of opportunity to Holland/Montoya.

And people still say trust the people in charge :(
I agree with your sentiment re losing the potential of Talau because of Holland / Montoya is bad but my understanding of the Tommy Talau situation was that the West offer couldn't be matched by the dogs because of contract arrangements with other juniors that were signed off by the previous regime. The same situation is occurring this year with development contracts - players who spent most of 2019 playing Sydney Shield are taking up the $$, the opportunities and the positions on the second tier.
In 2019 it was more a case of contracts in place with Saddler, Jarrad Anderson etc leaving the club with little or no room to move.
Whether those in charge now deserve to be trusted - I have no idea!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree with your sentiment re losing the potential of Talau because of Holland / Montoya is bad but my understanding of the Tommy Talau situation was that the West offer couldn't be matched by the dogs because of contract arrangements with other juniors that were signed off by the previous regime. The same situation is occurring this year with development contracts - players who spent most of 2019 playing Sydney Shield are taking up the $$, the opportunities and the positions on the second tier.
In 2019 it was more a case of contracts in place with Saddler, Jarrad Anderson etc leaving the club with little or no room to move.
Whether those in charge now deserve to be trusted - I have no idea!
Gotta hope there is a sensible concensus of unbiased "club experts" choosing, and recruiting, the best young players. There has been too much favouritism given to certain agendas in the past, and we supporters hope our future is in the right hands.

We don't seem to be able to recruit established top line players so it seems recruitment and fostering of juniors is the primary way forward for us.

We can only hope....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
wow a thread with really good content.......a fucking unicorn on TK. Really looking forward to seeing how bailey progresses this year.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hmmm Chris Patolo is a Bankstown sports junior not St George Dragons. Think they got his whole profile wrong.
They are referring to st George dragons JRLC
which play in the doggies junior comp.
The great George peponis' old junior club

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are referring to st George dragons JRLC
which play in the doggies junior comp.
The great George peponis' old junior club
Spot on
Amount of people who get this wrong is unreal

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The boys always joke that selectors like kids from clubs with a saint in front-st christophers,stgeorge dragons, st johns :grimacing:

And looking at some of the kids and clubs from the junior development squads that analysis is not far off

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I noticed that also, we seem to have back rowers with very similar body shapes, built closer to the ground and nuggety...

I’d like to see an emphasis on taller, athletic backrowers...