Training shirt colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I right in assuming that those who are in the FG primary squad wear their bulldogs shirts at training, while the likely ISP players wear yellow and those who are on the injured (do not tackle) list have pink/red shirts?

If that is correct then does that mean Eastwood is going to be dropped and Martin promoted based on the photos on the Dogs website from training today?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To an extent. It's not clear cut and i'm not sure on the numbers under Pay. The boys also have numbered bibs that they wear that looks clear cut. I think RFM has the players player bib on, not 100% though.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt it od. Brown was in blue in 1 pic and yellow in another. Pink/red also makes no sense as neither rfm nor jmk has been reported injured.
I also doubt pay would make any changes after 1 game

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think they just pick whatever, for opposed sessions.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the most logical and likely scenario.
I thought that at first but if you look at the photos there is only 1 of the FG squad from last week that isn't in the blue shirt and there is only one from the reggies that isn't in a yellow/pink shirt. Of course there are a few that aren't there at all in the photos but given the way our bench went on the weekend it is an interesting coincidence.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
OD, it there a photo or video we can use a reference?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guess all will be revealed in a matter of minutes

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From dogs site mate. Training pics
I c.

*goes to Bulldogs website. takes forever to loan due to internet problems*

I would have thought that the coloured shirts/bibs were just for players to identify who their "team mates" are during drills, but I do see OD's point.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I c.

*goes to Bulldogs website. takes forever to loan due to internet problems*

I would have thought that the coloured shirts/bibs were just for players to identify who their "team mates" are during drills, but I do see OD's point.
That's what I thought when I saw the photos during pre season but there just seems to be a pattern to them now. It may be my imagination but it does seem to be two distinct squads.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's what I thought when I saw the photos during pre season but there just seems to be a pattern to them now. It may be my imagination but it does seem to be two distinct squads.
Hmmm.... i admit I haven't been following it as such, so you might be right. You might have to go down and watch a few sessions for yourself :grinning:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs unchanged for vital clash with the Roosters
Author
bulldogs.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 13 Mar 2018, 04:00 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have named an unchanged squad for this week's vital clash with the Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Friday (6pm).

The team arrived back in Sydney on Sunday morning after catching the 'redeye' flight from Perth with a full squad available for selection.

The squad is:

1 Moses Mbye
2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris
4 Will Hopoate
5 Marcelo Montoya
6 Matthew Frawley
7 Kieran Foran
8 Aaron Woods
9 Michael Lichaa
10 David Klemmer
11 Josh Jackson
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Danny Fualalo
14 Adam Elliott
15 Aiden Tolman
16 Greg Eastwood
17 Jeremy Marshall-King

COACH: Dean Pay

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I right in assuming that those who are in the FG primary squad wear their bulldogs shirts at training, while the likely ISP players wear yellow and those who are on the injured (do not tackle) list have pink/red shirts?

If that is correct then does that mean Eastwood is going to be dropped and Martin promoted based on the photos on the Dogs website from training today?
Usually players have two colours (excluding pink for injured players). This is so they can distinguish players when they do opposed sessions. Im sure they swap from time to time during sessions as they work on different combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.