Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I heard. On the way home yesterday though by peak hour my service was ok.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Wahesh and others.. if you head through / near Burwood on the rail network .. you are in for a bad time tonight getting back from work.

3 hrs ago there was a fatality at Burwood Station. No other information has been released, but trains are FUCKED as a result of it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Wahesh and others.. if you head through / near Burwood on the rail network .. you are in for a bad time tonight getting back from work.

3 hrs ago there was a fatality at Burwood Station. No other information has been released, but trains are FUCKED as a result of it.
FMD. Well I'm not on the Burwood line but I'm sure my line is stuffed up as a result.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Was a suicide ... someone chucked themselves under a train apparently.
Fuck me.

So I had the WORST TRAIN EXPERIENCE EVER of my life yesterday... without even getting on a train.

I waiting 20 fucking minutes at the station. During that time, only ONE TRAIN that was going to my station came by. It was PACKED like they are in India. It was at 100% capacity so you couldn't even get on. It was an all stations to MacArthur train... AND I DON'T EVEN GET ON THAT LINE TO BEGIN WITH FFS. That is how bad they were. After 20 minutes, and only that train, I said FUCK IT, I'm outta here. On my way out of the station I saw an extremely hot chick entering... and I said "Heads up, big delays" - she didn't believe me at first. I said to her "Why do you think I'm leaving the station" LOL. I would've loved to see her reaction when she got down to the platform. I headed back to the office, all the cabs were taken, but I just happened to see one dropping off a passenger at a hotel, so I jumped in. He told me he was from Bangladesh, so it I can confirm it wasn't @Indiandog. This bloke was alright though, he said he was from Campsie and went for the Bulldogs. He told me all the dirty tricks that Uber is doing... thank FUCK I don't use that filthy company.

I told the guy to drop my off a few streets away from my ugly house as the fare was ugly, $50... but luckily for me, I still had an unused cab-charge from my last job :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He told me all the dirty tricks that Uber is doing... thank FUCK I don't use that filthy company
WINNING!

Cabbies will tell you Uber sucks, but the reality is, taxis are protected by the governing body which is meant to police them.

Wahesh

Reaction score
WINNING!

Cabbies will tell you Uber sucks, but the reality is, taxis are protected by the governing body which is meant to police them.
I'm of the opinion that Uber sucked well before I had this conversation with the cabbie.

Why should money that is meant to be keep in our economy go overseas to the US? I'd rather pay $40 for a cab ride than $30 for an Uber ride knowing that the $40 is staying here.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Uber sucked well before I had this conversation with the cabbie.

Why should money that is meant to be keep in our economy go overseas to the US? I'd rather pay $40 for a cab ride than $30 for an Uber ride knowing that the $40 is staying here.
My care factor for either is alarmingly low. :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
My care factor for either is alarmingly low. :D
But not completely non-existent right? Well if that's the case, please do indulge us with the low quantity that you care about?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But not completely non-existent right? Well if that's the case, please do indulge us with the low quantity that you care about?
I don't use Uber or cabs, but I've had more issues with idiot cab drivers than Uber drivers in the past.

OH NO I NEED TO BE IN THAT LANE *cuts across 3 lanes of traffic at 80kp almost causing a pileup*
OH NO I DIDNT WANT TO GO THERE *reverses out of Lane Cove Tunnel and up Epping onramp*

and that's only a small selection.

and the Taxi Industry governing body don't give a shit even with dashcam footage.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don't use Uber or cabs, but I've had more issues with idiot cab drivers than Uber drivers in the past.

OH NO I NEED TO BE IN THAT LANE *cuts across 3 lanes of traffic at 80kp almost causing a pileup*
OH NO I DIDNT WANT TO GO THERE *reverses out of Lane Cove Tunnel and up Epping onramp*

and that's only a small selection.

and the Taxi Industry governing body don't give a shit even with dashcam footage.
The shit I've heard with Uber drivers isn't much better. It's not the Uber drivers/passengers I have a problem with, one is trying to make some cash the other is after a cheaper fare. I have a problem with the company itself profiteering off Australians without having to do so much as lift a binky finger.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The shit I've heard with Uber drivers isn't much better. It's not the Uber drivers/passengers I have a problem with, one is trying to make some cash the other is after a cheaper fare. I have a problem with the company itself profiteering off Australians without having to do so much as lift a binky finger.
Same with many other companies.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Some people look at their phones on trains... others... casually bring their pet raven.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I witnessed an uber driver punching a maxi driver in the head through his window!
The uber driver claims the taxi was blocking the road, he asked him to move and the taxi driver spat on him.