Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’d be difficult to produce a timetable relying on fluid OT.
Overtime is supposed to be just that, over time. Not expected hours just to make the system work. They should be training s shitload more drivers.

Like you mentioned earlier, my own Dad relied a lot of overtime so that we could put food on the table etc. He worked some evenings/nights and every Saturday morning that I can remember, but thankfully managed to turn up to my sport on Saturday arvos even if he rocked up straight from the factory floor in his workclothes smelling like high heaven (thanks Dad). So I definitely get where you are coming from re wanting to do O/T. If there is overtime available and some workers want/need it then great, but a system where overtime becomes expected is not how it should be.

[Disclaimer: I don't know how much forced overtime is going on at CityRail or whatever it is called these days, but if an overtime ban causes as much chaos as it has, then the system is relying way to much on it]

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Overtime is supposed to be just that, over time. Not expected hours just to make the system work. They should be training s shitload more drivers.

Like you mentioned earlier, my own Dad relied a lot of overtime so that we could put food on the table etc. He worked some evenings/nights and every Saturday morning that I can remember, but thankfully managed to turn up to my sport on Saturday arvos even if he rocked up straight from the factory floor in his workclothes smelling like high heaven (thanks Dad). So I definitely get where you are coming from re wanting to do O/T. If there is overtime available and some workers want/need it then great, but a system where overtime becomes expected is not how it should be.

[Disclaimer: I don't know how much forced overtime is going on at CityRail or whatever it is called these days, but if an overtime ban causes as much chaos as it has, then the system is relying way to much on it]
Yep this.

I'm on a salary to work 40 hours a week but lol it's way beyond 40 hours.

I don't get bonuses for it, I don't get extra pay, extra leave etc I choose to do it and I'm in complete realisation it's my choice

I'm making some sacrifices because I have a career plan.

But again I choose to.

No one should be forced to do overtime with a threat of punishment from management

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
With thousands of workers with thousands of personal issues they will drop off the roster, I agree with the Government on this, you cannot always refuse O/T as a shift worker, being some of the States highest paid workers you are expected to sacrifice.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To all people who are getting on the train... can you kindly WAIT UNTIL I GET OFF YOU FUCKEN IDIOTS!!!
NO Piss OFF ... #IHaveToGetOnTheTrainAndMightMissOutIfIDontRushTheDoorImmediatelyWhenTheyOpen

So help me god if you don't move when those doors open I'm climbing over you, jumping up and crowdsurfing my way onto the train!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
NO Piss OFF ... #IHaveToGetOnTheTrainAndMightMissOutIfIDontRushTheDoorImmediatelyWhenTheyOpen

So help me god if you don't move when those doors open I'm climbing over you, jumping up and crowdsurfing my way onto the train!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm on the train right now. A couple of poms are sitting next to me arguing about fuck knows what...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm on the train right now. A couple of poms are sitting next to me arguing about fuck knows what...
Poms have a license to whinge about anything and EVERYTHING... I'm 50% Pom so I have partial rights to that.

I was only thinking.. your worst nightmare would be an hour long train trip with CHOMP sitting next to you inhaling a few apples and chips.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Poms have a license to whinge about anything and EVERYTHING... I'm 50% Pom so I have partial rights to that.

I was only thinking.. your worst nightmare would be an hour long train trip with CHOMP sitting next to you inhaling a few apples and chips.
Mate I would MAKE SURE that I would NEVER get on a train with her if she had apples. Lucky in the office I have times my leaks to occur at the same time the concrete enters her mouth.

As for the poms, they were (or at least appeared to be) a couple. The bloke kept telling the girls she was in no position to do something, then she would say something, and he would reply with "you're not listening to what I'm telling you"... they going going round and round this same conversation at least 5-7 times while I was on the train, and were continuing this debate even when I was getting off FFS.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
To all people who are getting on the train... can you kindly WAIT UNTIL I GET OFF YOU FUCKEN IDIOTS!!!
This pisses me off to no en. fuck off Asians and Indians using public transport and learn some etiquette!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably arguing about their trip to the beach and who was more of a pussy to go for a dip?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In fairness in India doors are an unknown on trains. They are normally packed on top of them instead.
Yep I had an Indian tell me this straight up on the ride home on an over crowded night rider bus.
I told him I've seen videos on YouTube and the way things are going it won't be too long until we riding on top of trains and hanging off the side like it's the norm!

Have you seen what goes down in Brazil?
Teenage boys drop out of high school with ambitions of "train surfing".

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Even the Russians are doing it. Apparently it's no different to skydiving?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Apparently this guy almost got jailed for this effort.

I like how the start says "Do not try this at home" ... I can't imagine too many people have a train at home just quietly.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What a goose lol. I mean it's not as stupid as those dumb ass Russians who hang with only their hands from skyscrapers with a go-pro, but it's still stupid.

On a different note, remember about 6 weeks ago when the whole train strike shit was happening how they said the strike has been postponed for 6 weeks, well............................

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sucks for anyone in the CBD coming home by train. Death at Central Station has resulted in almost all services being cancelled apparrently.