Opinion TPJ

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He got caught out doing exactly that in Latrells try against South's. TPJ was behind the line and it left a gap and JMK to make a one on one tackle, he didn't and Latrell poured into the gap and that was that. Most teams have copped on that you attack us right though the ruck.
He does it a lot - i notice mainly late in tackle counts

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This week we have the Gagai garbage to replace the Tina garbage lol

More chance of good rib tickling tackles on him tho lol
I forgot about Gagai lol.
Oh well, hopefully TPJ's focus will be on offloads with his hit ups.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He does it a lot - i notice mainly late in tackle counts
He only made 11 tackles against the Titans and missed 1 in 31 minutes, that just isn't anywhere near good enough. King and Vaughan are carrying our pack right now.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He only made 11 tackles against the Titans and missed 1 in 31 minutes, that just isn't anywhere near good enough. King and Vaughan are carrying our pack right now.
Will need two more fg quality middles next year

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's 02:40 and I'm still up thinking how anyone thought TPJ was anything other than shit today
He’s one of those players that never shows consistency. He’s either fired up and almost unstoppable or he’s passive and playing with minimal involvement and quite ineffective. There’s no middle ground where he needs to be. I wish he had as much ticker as Tino.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Potter and Holbrook probably got together before the game to work out their interchanges for TPJ And Tina so they didn't lose their player.

Trust Waddles to get charged.
It certainly looked that way. Pair of soft cocks lol

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TPJ is a gun. I would like to see him drop a bit of weight and increase his fitness so we can get more minutes out of him but still keep his physicality and intimidation factor.

After game 3 of origin , NSW is begging for a enforcer for game 1 next year and if TPJ cones out next year and carves up they will have to pick him in the team.
If he’s carrying extra pounds at this stage of the season then it’s means his attitude and preparation isn’t where it should be.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both Vaughan and King were outstanding on Sunday. Vaughan’s carry’s at the back end of the game were immense.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s one of those players that never shows consistency. He’s either fired up and almost unstoppable or he’s passive and playing with minimal involvement and quite ineffective. There’s no middle ground where he needs to be. I wish he had as much ticker as Tino.
Yup, needs to find consistency. He needs to focus on running hard and tackling hard and replicating performances like against Parramatta. Didn't register a single tackle break and only made 2 offloads but it was by far his best game for us because he got though a good amount of work and made every run and tackle count.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You realise went off with a concussion

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His momentum was disrupted and he clearly wasn’t 100% when he got back on for the 2nd stint.
Also, there’s certain players where stats don’t tell the whole story. I guarantee you these players look and see TPJ beside them before the game, it gives them extra confidence knowing they have a beast like that on their side. Having him is overall a net positive, you’d understand this if you ever played the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His momentum was disrupted and he clearly wasn’t 100% when he got back on for the 2nd stint.
Also, there’s certain players where stats don’t tell the whole story. I guarantee you these players look and see TPJ beside them before the game, it gives them extra confidence knowing they have a beast like that on their side. Having him is overall a net positive, you’d understand this if you ever played the game.
Don't act like this is a one off, this has been happening all throughout his career. Stop making excuses because he just needs to be better

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't act like this is a one off, this has been happening all throughout his career. Stop making excuses because he just needs to be better
Not saying he’s been perfect but TPJ is who he is and id much rather have him with us. If anything he’s actually been more controlled this year then ever, no sin bins or anything beside the trial game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not saying he’s been perfect but TPJ is who he is and id much rather have him with us. If anything he’s actually been more controlled this year then ever, no sin bins or anything beside the trial game
I'm happy to have TPJ and wanted to sign him but we paid massive overs to get him here. There's no way he has provided anything close to value for money this season.

Malla

Reaction score
Cheers scoop

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
'I'm happy to have...'

Nobody in Belmore knows you exist
Matt Dufty knows he exists - he's coming for him in his sleep! Which just goes to show that the players read the posts on the Kennel.