Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pass. Tony Williams 2.0. Will never realise his potential and how damaging he could be if he's was switched on every week. Already shown poor discipline and attitude. If the team coming at the bottom of the ladder is letting go of a player willingly - red flag
He needs a Bennett or Belamy or Robbo

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He needs a Bennett or Belamy or Robbo
True, storm have said publicly that they recruit based on character as well as ability. Robinson doesn't want him either, despite having the cash with all the retirements, Cronulla haven't been linked to him as of yet either so maybe that's enough of an indicator of value for money.

Don't get me wrong on his day he can be a good player but the cash he is rumoured to be on isn't worth the risk. I'd rather spend the money on the cheese because you know what your getting every week.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
TITANS EYE SOME PANGAI POWER
Unwanted Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jnr has become a sought-after figure with the Titans and Bulldogs expressing interest in the Brisbane powerhouse.

The Wests Tigers are the frontrunners to snare Pangai Jnr, with coach Michael Maguire having begun due-diligence on the forward as the joint-venture club prepares to table a formal deal in the coming days.

But the Tigers could have their work cut out snaring Pangai Jnr, with the Titans and Bulldogs having also made inquiries after Brisbane last week advised the Tongan Test star he is free to look around for another deal.

The Wests Tigers are favourites to snare unwanted Bronco Tevita Pangai Jnr.

The Wests Tigers are favourites to snare unwanted Bronco Tevita Pangai Jnr.
Pangai Jnr is contracted until the end of next season and could theoretically stay at the Broncos for 2022. But it is understood the 25-year-old, who has copped a fresh three-game suspension, has played his final game for the Broncos and expects to have his future sorted out in the next fortnight.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook is a fan of Pangai Jnr. Holbrook coached him with the Junior Kangaroos in 2016 and was so impressed with Pangai Jnr he named him captain in a 34-20 defeat of the Junior Kiwis.

Gold Coast could struggle to compete with the Tigers and Bulldogs under the salary-cap.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take him for sure, we haven’t had a forward who could potentially dominate a game or put some genuine fear into other packs.... 2 and half years max

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass. Tony Williams 2.0. Will never realise his potential and how damaging he could be if he's was switched on every week. Already shown poor discipline and attitude. If the team coming at the bottom of the ladder is letting go of a player willingly - red flag
we really need to just say fuck it and take the risk on him. We have no second rowers that provide anywhere near the damage of the opponent’s line that he does, on his day he’s a match winner as well.Look at all the damaging second rowers we had in our 2012-2014 run, eastwood, Pritchard, halatau etc. you need guys like that to break the line, all we have right now is a bunch of shitter versions of Josh Jackson (bar Topine/ mariner sometimes)

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foxsports doesn't mention us but says he could leave before August 1st deadline. Imagine if we got TPJ before the end of the season...

NEW SUITOR FOR BRONCOS BAD BOY

Brisbane firebrand Tevita Pangai Jr is on the hunt for a new home after the Broncos gave him permission to speak to rivals.

The revelation came only three weeks after foxsports.com.au revealed Wests Tigers heavies had secretly flown to Brisbane to meet with Pangai and his Broncos teammate, Jamayne Isaako.

Brisbane was furious at the news, saying the club had not given either player permission to speak to rival clubs.

That has since changed, and last week’s horror loss to South Sydney was almost certainly Pangai’s last game for the Red Hill outfit.

The Tigers remain in the race for Pangai but News Corp journalist Brent Read revealed there’s other interested parties.

“I think the Tigers are mulling over Tevita and Dale Finucane,” Read told Triple M radio.

“I think there’s a few factors at play in that - money is the big one, and length of contract as Dale’s... closer to the end (of his career) than the start.

“The Dragons have actually contacted Tevita’s camp just to see what the situation is. They’re not in for Tevita, but they are watching proceedings.

“Don’t put a line through the Dragons as far as Tevita is concerned just yet.”

Pangai remains contract to the Broncos for now, but is almost certain to switch clubs before the August 1 deadline.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we really need to just say fuck it and take the risk on him. We have no second rowers that provide anywhere near the damage of the opponent’s line that he does, on his day he’s a match winner as well.Look at all the damaging second rowers we had in our 2012-2014 run, eastwood, Pritchard, halatau etc. you need guys like that to break the line, all we have right now is a bunch of shitter versions of Josh Jackson (bar Topine/ mariner sometimes)
You are right, we definitely need that game breaking backrower. My concern is the Broncos pack shits on ours and how would he handle being "the guy" that everyone expects to do something everytime he touches the ball. He doesn't have that high expectation at broncs and isn't doing it consistently enough for them.

Malla

Reaction score
I think Titans will move Brimson to 6 and keep Campbell at fullback. But yh, not sure how they can chase anymore high profile forwards
Think Campbell is more of a 5/8 than Brimson, he’s just way too small.
fogarty signed for another year only, so not even sure they see him as a long term solution. No idea what Titans are doing.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
While I dont want him it would be some pretty sick karma if he arrived here this season and helped us consign the Bronchokes to the wooden spoon

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Since roosters have cash to spend and in need of a second rower, Robinson must be regretting unnecessarily insulting TPJ in public last year. Would’ve been a shoo in.

and also how many big black guys that run through brick walls do the Titans need? Surely they should be looking at a worker bee Jackson and Tolman smart buy at this point to hold it together.
TPJ should come to us yo.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at the Roosters. I read an article recently about how Politis stays in regular contact with TPJ as a kind of mentor. Now they have a spot and 700K available after Cordner retired

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If we can have him before Aug 1 that would be awesome.