News TPJ Withdraws from RLWC

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I’m hearing is that Tevita Pangai Jr., may in fact be on the undercard of that fight (Sonny Bill Williams vs Mark Hunt), he may be putting on the gloves for the first time,” Proszenko said SEN 1170 Afternoons.
really? This is disappointing. Football does not seem to be his priority, sadly

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
CaN bE tHe BeSt FoRwArD iN tHe GaMe.

Herpas at their Finest lol

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
really? This is disappointing. Football does not seem to be his priority, sadly
Didn't someone from the club say they were OK with the fight to improve his fitness?
Or was that his manager's spin?
A pretty weak justification tho.
The biggest concern is having people in the SBW crew to put rubbish in his head.
Which I thought was the problem in Brisbane, with him going to the bikie thing during quarantine? The company he was keeping was the biggest worry .
SBW and his mates in the celebrity fight circus will have an agenda, for sure. No matter what promises they make to Gus and the club.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't someone from the club say they were OK with the fight to improve his fitness?
Or was that his manager's spin?
A pretty weak justification tho.
The biggest concern is having people in the SBW crew to put rubbish in his head.
Which I thought was the problem in Brisbane, with him going to the bikie thing during quarantine? The company he was keeping was the biggest worry .
SBW and his mates in the celebrity fight circus will have an agenda, for sure. No matter what promises they make to Gus and the club.
i hope the club don’t fall for the rubbish that he will benefit from
Having someone like sbw around…

biggest load of crap that is

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ fighting some nobody in some fixed boxing match will have no impact on his season next year. Dont see the negative TBH. IMO, if he didnt have a fight last year his fitness would have been worse. If people on hetevthink thst TPJ pulled out of playing fir Tonga to be on the SBW undercarriage than they are wrong but the blind TPJ hate on here continues but our highest paid player who missed most of the season with concussion decides to play in the WC and no one on here says anything.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TPJ said the same things about Barrett.. Hopefully he can produce on the field and Ciraldo can get the best out of him. But we need to see it in a consistent basis before we get excited by more talk.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TPJ fighting some nobody in some fixed boxing match will have no impact on his season next year. Dont see the negative TBH. IMO, if he didnt have a fight last year his fitness would have been worse. If people on hetevthink thst TPJ pulled out of playing fir Tonga to be on the SBW undercarriage than they are wrong but the blind TPJ hate on here continues but our highest paid player who missed most of the season with concussion decides to play in the WC and no one on here says anything.
The Club have problems with both of them is what the situation proves :grinning:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Club have problems with both of them is what the situation proves :grinning:
I agree but Thompson has tried his best and just isn't good enough for the NRL, IMO. TPJ is a great player but lacks focus. My thoughts are more about how TPJ gets smashed on here but Thommo gets rarely a comment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree but Thompson has tried his best and just isn't good enough for the NRL, IMO. TPJ is a great player but lacks focus. My thoughts are more about how TPJ gets smashed on here but Thommo gets rarely a comment.
Agree. There's plusses and minuses with both players AND both situations with this World Cup.

It's a concern that LT is playing based on his recent concussion history with us and missing so many games. I guess there is quite a while of time between that and the WC BUT it looks suss....did anyone really think he would not play for England? No! But misses more than several games for us.

We don't know how he will recover from these games or if he will suffer a recurrence. Really he would be far better to miss these WC games if he is coming back to play for us in 2023, but he hasn't made that call for us, or himself, to sit the WC out. I guess it's on him for his health, and reputation, with our Club how it all pans out.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. There's plusses and minuses with both players AND both situations with this World Cup.

It's a concern that LT is playing based on his recent concussion history with us and missing so many games. I guess there is quite a while of time between that and the WC BUT it looks suss....did anyone really think he would not play for England? No! But misses more than several games for us.

We don't know how he will recover from these games or if he will suffer a recurrence. Really he would be far better to miss these WC games if he is coming back to play for us in 2023, but he hasn't made that call for us, or himself, to sit the WC out. I guess it's on him for his health, and reputation, with our Club how it all pans out.
If it was a few games with a head knock it would be all good but he missed 3 months. Thommo is a protected species on here. I hope the useless overpaid flop stays in England

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and if he breaks his hand boxing? If he gets knocked out cold?
If Khoder Nasser brain washes him like he did to that dope sbw?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if LUke Thompson is trying his best then what else can you ask from him?He is being paid what the club offered him and like you said he is trying his best.

a player that isn’t trying his Best But has more to show is worse, I personally think we need both in the team.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, Thommo is definitely NRL standard but just not $750k worth. If he was in your roster for $450k he would be considered good value.

Plus I don’t think he has ever been used properly because I think he would be better suited on an edge or maybe at lock.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
wait wait wait, I know where this is headed.
I'll say it for you, it's because TPJ is a poc isn't it..

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wait wait wait, I know where this is headed.
I'll say it for you, it's because TPJ is a poc isn't it..
I didn't say that at all so wait wait wait... shut your mouth. I'm on here often enough to see the different response to Thommo and TPJ. I think it is TPJs playing style and his talent celing being much higher than Thommo not that POC shit that I didn't reference at all.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, Thommo is definitely NRL standard but just not $750k worth. If he was in your roster for $450k he would be considered good value.

Plus I don’t think he has ever been used properly because I think he would be better suited on an edge or maybe at lock.
NRL standard yes...i probably exagerated a bit but just a run of the mill prop. 450k is overs for what he brings. King is a much better prop.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if LUke Thompson is trying his best then what else can you ask from him?He is being paid what the club offered him and like you said he is trying his best.

a player that isn’t trying his Best But has more to show is worse, I personally think we need both in the team.
Im sick of the excuses for him to be honest. 3 months off for concussion than go and play the world cup is bullshit. If TPJ has another season like this year than he can get fcked too.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I didn't say that at all so wait wait wait... shut your mouth. I'm on here often enough to see the different response to Thommo and TPJ. I think it is TPJs playing style and his talent celing being much higher than Thommo not that POC shit that I didn't reference at all.
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Sorry brother, didn't really mean it. Was too easy and like a bad drug addict I couldn't resist