Official TPJ selected for Blues

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can certainly see both sides of the argument. He is a very polarising figure.

The problem is that the difference between his best game and his worst game is pretty much greater than any other player in the comp. Max King is a 7 in his best game and a 5 in his worst. TPJ is a 9.5 in his best game and a -35 in his worst.

But clubs keep paying him top dollar thinking they can get the 9.5 out of 10 more often than not.

Riccio's comments definitely have some merit though. Without Thompson and Kikau our pack is pretty light and inexperienced. The top teams have 2 elite front rowers that create the momentum in the set. I love Max King but he doesnt bend the line back. Nor should he for the amount we pay him. The crippled pom is paid to do that

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think TPJ playing origin will be good for us, he'll come back a better player and he will be wanting to play in game 2 and 3 so he'll bust his ass.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish players like Pangai could find their baseline and play consistently every game.

He is too emotional which is why we see massive gyrations in performance levels.

Someone should make up a slur from Tino before every game. That will get him fired up.

Impossible to read.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can certainly see both sides of the argument. He is a very polarising figure.

The problem is that the difference between his best game and his worst game is pretty much greater than any other player in the comp. Max King is a 7 in his best game and a 5 in his worst. TPJ is a 9.5 in his best game and a -35 in his worst.

But clubs keep paying him top dollar thinking they can get the 9.5 out of 10 more often than not.

Riccio's comments definitely have some merit though. Without Thompson and Kikau our pack is pretty light and inexperienced. The top teams have 2 elite front rowers that create the momentum in the set. I love Max King but he doesnt bend the line back. Nor should he for the amount we pay him. The crippled pom is paid to do that
Kings best is way closer to TPJs than you say. He’s been playing absolutely busted this year. At his best he puts up legitimately elite numbers, runs 150m+, offloads and also plays big minutes with minimal errors.

Agree he needs someone consistent next to him.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very useful if he has a good game, get a shout in origin 2 his form between then will be naturally improved being a “rep” player. Just don’t bellyflop I see him going back to Sharon Wood Junior if it doesn’t workout.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will be thanking this guy after he gasses out in 10 mins and lets DCE score a hatty

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree with what Riccio said tonight on 360.

He said TPJ is doing it by himself.

Which I think he is, just like Luke Thompson did before TPJ came along.

Problem with this place is we think because they sign for big bucks they should do this and that, reality is NO prop barring Hass can.

We cant compare these guys to any one, because every other prop that carves up has the pack to back them up.
If anyone has been doing it by himself it’s max king.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Alright … give Maxy a break you know he’s saving himself for marriage … what else is he supposed to do ?
I actually meant on the field. I forgot all about that waiting for marriage shit hahahahaha. Well he does everything on and off the field himself

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Riccio was completely off the mark lol

King has been doing exactly what he said, busting is arse all season meanwhile TPJ was rehabbing, came back plodding and throwing awful offloads.

His good games come down purely to how hard he runs. Even if he threw 0 offloads and ran as hard as he did in second half he would be a gun. But he doesn’t. Dude is literally autistic (no offense autists srs). Yeah there’s a world where he does it week in week out but he’s had 18 months to do so and hasn’t.
Another one of those awful offloads probably cost the Blues the games tonight

Definitely a one game wonder in SOO.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will have a big big cry and think he is a boxer and forget to keep his hands up and get knocked through the ropes, the end.