Official TPJ selected for Blues

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not just the 20 mins. We've all seen what TPJ can do when he goes beast mode. I reckon selectors already penciled him in prior to yesterdays match. If you look at the NSW forwards, none of them really bring that aggression.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW are happy Ponga is playing and not Reece Walsh.
IMO the smart move would be to play Walsh on the wing, Ponga at FB and Capewell on bench. If Ponga cops a concussion or injury, Walsh moves to FB, Gagai or Coates to his wing and Capewell to centres.

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully training in that context for a week and a half makes him come back with a fire in his belly. Definitely won't hurt fitness wise at the very minimum (as long as he doesn't get himself suspended).

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine being King, poor bloke absolutely busted his gut for us through multiple injuries and at times has had to carry our pack yet TPJ gets a debut over him because of a good 20 minutes :tearsofjoy:
Different style of player my friend.
You only get 3 origin games per year and only 2 to win.

You have to balance the plodders and impact players. If TPJ gets selected, it's not because of his consistency or minutes. It's just an explosive 15min spell to wrestle the game in the teams favour.

I'll still be surprised if he's picked though.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Different style of player my friend.
You only get 3 origin games per year and only 2 to win.

You have to balance the plodders and impact players. If TPJ gets selected, it's not because of his consistency or minutes. It's just an explosive 15min spell to wrestle the game in the teams favour.

I'll still be surprised if he's picked though.
I am also surprised but he did get the nod!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If TPJ is picked for origion after just half a good-great game, Freddy would have really lost the plot ie. if he ever had one.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big surprise . Hope he goes well, has been up and down but no lies here can be anything when he’s on mentally. Qld will target him with niggling

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just the 20 mins. We've all seen what TPJ can do when he goes beast mode. I reckon selectors already penciled him in prior to yesterdays match. If you look at the NSW forwards, none of them really bring that aggression.
We’ve seen what he can do when he just runs hard at the fuckin line I’ve been saying it for weeks the jig and turn trying to offload isn’t effective at all it’s not rocket science

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
If TPJ is picked for origion after just half a good-great game, Freddy would have really lost the plot ie. if he ever had one.
HE IS NOT PICKED TO play 80min or play even 50 minutes as he does for the bulldogs.

An example of that 20 min spell he did in the second half in yesterday's game is all he needs to do for the blues. That said, he is also not the main guy and has the responsibility to be required to run 150m.

He will come on in the last 15 min of 1st half to change the game if blues are on the Blackfoot.

Or just come on in the last 20 minutes if it's close and do what he did yesterday.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow fittler went from not picking on form at all to picking based on the last games form only. Turbo and tpj have been ordinary until last round. But hey, maybe playing origin will be a turning point for tpj and advantage us. If he doesn't get injured of course

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Wow fittler went from not picking on form at all to picking based on the last games form only. Turbo and tpj have been ordinary until last round. But hey, maybe playing origin will be a turning point for tpj and advantage us. If he doesn't get injured of course
Or suspended for a brain fart. TPJ will either be very very good for NSW or QLD, no in between.