Official TPJ selected for Blues

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very short origin career. Gone after 1 game. His selection was entirely down to Alexander being good mates with Ciraldo who talked him up. All crap talk. Where was his so called aggression? All I saw was cheap penalties given away and a ridiculous offload in his own 20. Not made for the origin arena.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nsw whole game plan was to try and go through the middle, not once they used the back line, pretty sure if the wingers didn’t take hit ups they would never have touched the ball.
Also Tedesco was a hand brake in every play,
Doesn’t pass or support plays, even in defence he was out of position every time.
Filter needs to go
Teddy needs to go
Cleary needs to go his kicking game was shit and had no vision in attack.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nsw whole game plan was to try and go through the middle, not once they used the back line, pretty sure if the wingers didn’t take hit ups they would never have touched the ball.
Also Tedesco was a hand brake in every play,
Doesn’t pass or support plays, even in defence he was out of position every time.
Filter needs to go
Teddy needs to go
Cleary needs to go his kicking game was shit and had no vision in attack.
Problem for Cleary is he hasn't played on the back foot or barely since the 6 again rule was introduced

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TEVITA PANGAI JR REVEALS REGRETS OVER COSTLY ERROR
Telegraph Sport

TEVITA PANGAI JR KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE DID NOT WANT TO DO ON THE NIGHT OF HIS ORIGIN DEBUT-AND THEN HE DID IT ANYWAY.
THE NSW PROP OPENS UP ON THAT MOMENT AND HIS PLANS FOR REDEMPTION.

A shattered Tevita Pangai Jr has taken himself to task for a crucial error that he hopes doesn’t cost him a shot at revenge against Queensland.

The Blues debutant says he’s desperate for a NSW Origin recall and will start by leading Canterbury on Sunday.

Pangai played the opening 20 minutes before being replaced by Liam Martin and returned to the fray in the 51st minute.

However, he was taken off nine minutes later after conceding a penalty, losing the ball through an unnecessary offload and missing a tackle as Maroons winger Selwyn Cobbo crossed for his second try in Queensland’s 26-18 win.

There was no one Blues player more critical of his performance inside the NSW dressing room post-match.

“I’m really disappointed, but I’ll just work hard to get picked in game two and go from there,’’ Pangai Jr said.

“I made some crucial errors. Particularly, the offload.

“That one was crucial. They scored off that error.

“I was pretty filthy at myself. You can’t make errors coming out of yardage.

“When you’ve got a team like Queensland, we want them to spend minimal time on our line.

“Origin is won in moments and I look at what I did wrong and that was crucial.

“When you’re up by two, it’s all about arse up, head down and play the ball.’’

Even more disheartening for the debutant was that Pangai Jr admitted he had watched replays of the Blues 2022 Origin III loss to remind himself of what not to do on the game’s biggest stage.

“I watched game three the whole week. I saw the errors coming out of yardage and we spoke about them,’’ the Blues prop said.

“There were eight errors in the back end of game three and I put that in my mind and told myself not to make errors coming out of yardage.’’

The Bulldogs prop ran for 93-metres from 11 carries on Wednesday night.

He is desperate to atone for the loss by being picked again for Origin II and confirmed he would play this Sunday against the Roosters.

We’ve (Bulldogs) got some top four teams coming up and hopefully I can show that I want to be there for game two,’’ Pangai Jr said.

“I definitely will back up for Canterbury this weekend.

“We’ll see. I definitely want to work hard now.

“It was good to get amongst it, to play with the best players and I want a chance to do it again.’’

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He needs to really tear it up this weekend. I hate losing SOO and I hate losing to the goosters. To have both in the same week would be crushing

Please boys, save me from it and beat them by 40

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Telegraph Sport

TEVITA PANGAI JR KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE DID NOT WANT TO DO ON THE NIGHT OF HIS ORIGIN DEBUT-AND THEN HE DID IT ANYWAY.

A shattered Tevita Pangai Jr has taken himself to task for a crucial error that he hopes doesn’t cost him a shot at revenge against Queensland.

The Blues debutant says he’s desperate for a NSW Origin recall and will start by leading Canterbury on Sunday.

Pangai played the opening 20 minutes before being replaced by Liam Martin and returned to the fray in the 51st minute.

However, he was taken off nine minutes later after conceding a penalty, losing the ball through an unnecessary offload and missing a tackle as Maroons winger Selwyn Cobbo crossed for his second try in Queensland’s 26-18 win.

There was no one Blues player more critical of his performance inside the NSW dressing room post-match.

“I’m really disappointed, but I’ll just work hard to get picked in game two and go from there,’’ Pangai Jr said.

“When you’ve got a team like Queensland, we want them to spend minimal time on our line.

Even more disheartening for the debutant was that Pangai Jr admitted he had watched replays of the Blues 2022 Origin III loss to remind himself of what not to do on the game’s biggest stage.

“I watched game three the whole week. I saw the errors coming out of yardage and we spoke about them,’’ the Blues prop said.

“There were eight errors in the back end of game three and I put that in my mind and told myself not to make errors coming out of yardage.’’

He is desperate to atone for the loss by being picked again for Origin II and confirmed he would play this Sunday against the Roosters.

We’ve (Bulldogs) got some top four teams coming up and hopefully I can show that I want to be there for game two,’’ Pangai Jr said.

“It was good to get amongst it, to play with the best players and I want a chance to do it again.’’
Blah Blah Blah same bullshit talk

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TPJ’s getting dragged online like it’s his fault the blues lost… when tedesco only passed the ball once - on a kick return - and danced around and did nothing in attack. he failed to knock cobbo into touch and save a try, and slipped over on his own shadow and let hammer jog past him for another.
and got outjumped by a prop

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tpj was not the reason the blues lost, just bias people showing their intelligence yet again.
Yep I thought he was on. Per the NRL stats he had 99 metres from 11 hitups. That was on par with any other NSW forward.

The offload was silly but we got na k in front after that. When you lose a game that you are leading with 7 minutes to go and the other team has 12 players isn’t a props fault.

Especially when he wasn’t even on the field the last 7 minutes.

We have good club halves. They have elite halves. That’s the difference

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the poor bugger lol

I thought he was OK until his offload.

Freddy will shit can him anyway,
TPJ was solid. People blaming him for the loss are idiots. Clearys underwhelming performance should be the talking point. He had another poor soo game
And Teddy. Teddy was the worst on field for NSW. He got out jumped by a fucken prop LMAO

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fittler is a fraud of a coach - if Slater is coaching the Blues, NSW win 13+
Not so sure. QLD still have much better players in the spine than NSW do no coach can change that.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Telegraph Sport

Damn he know how to talk it up. He will probably pull out of the Roosters clash with a sore calf. Tired of all his talk, time is now to just give it a 100%.