Toughest Ever Player in Rugby League History

Who is the toughest ever Rugby League Player.

• Geoff Toovey

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Tommy Raudonikis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane Webcke

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Gorden Tallis

• Noel Kelly

• Ray Price

• Mal Meninga

• Kevin Ryan

• John Sattler

• Other

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who in your opinion is the toughest player ever to play the game? Discuss...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have to be one of:
a) Mark O'Meley
b) Sonny Bill Williams
c) Willie Mason

Steering towards Shrek imho... the bloke was insane.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ogre is the only bloke even close that's been mentioned. Feka disappeared overseas and has been playing in a substandard comp since what, 05?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pound for pound.

Geoff Toovey.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Have to be one of:
a) Mark O'Meley
b) Sonny Bill Williams
c) Willie Mason

Steering towards Shrek imho... the bloke was insane.
SBW was made of glass, so not the toughest. Strong, not a cat, but always injured.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I know I won't get any love for this but I reckon Mark Carroll. In the 90s, he and Paul Harragon always threw everything they had at each other. Carroll was fearless too. The best was Origin when they put their differences aside, came together and pwned Queensland lol.

Oh... this is good. Take a look at what happens at 0:14 - gets a HUGE headbutt (one of the biggest I've ever seen) and instead of diving, swings and punching the shit out of the Queenslander who did it lol. If that happened today, the player on the receiving end of that would've gone down like a sack of potatoes.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know I won't get any love for this but I reckon Mark Carroll. In the 90s, he and Paul Harragon always threw everything they had at each other. Carroll was fearless too. The best was Origin when they put their differences aside, came together and pwned Queensland lol.

Oh... this is good. Take a look at what happens at 0:14 - gets a HUGE headbutt (one of the biggest I've ever seen) and instead of diving, swings and punching the shit out of the Queenslander who did it lol. If that happened today, the player on the receiving end of that would've gone down like a sack of potatoes.

I was too young at the time to notice all that but fuck I love the story of 2 arch rivals coming together to smash a greater enemy.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I was too young at the time to notice all that but fuck I love the story of 2 arch rivals coming together to smash a greater enemy.
Take a look at the hit at 1:25. Chief threw everything he had at Carroll. Carroll got up, played the ball, and looked to see where Chief was, probably looking to throw a punch or 2 at him, and saw that he was already knocked out :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pound for pound.

Geoff Toovey.
First time I saw him play live was in Wagga Wagga for one of those pre season games many many years ago.

When a tiny Geoff Toovey took the field, some lark yelled out "hey, check out the ballboy". His blonde surfie look didn't help.

But man - could he take a hit. And he's an accountant.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
benji hands down.

close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.