Touch judges

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because it decides the game. If bad calls are made throughout the game there is a thing called 'time' that allows you to get back in with strategy etc.. With 1 minute to go that convenience is gone.
Lol you really have no idea.

That call did not decide the game, Canberra were still ahead and there was no guarantee Melbourne would have scored.

An incorrect call in minute 5 that leads to a try to allow a team to win by 2 absolutely has more impact on the game

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol you really have no idea.

That call did not decide the game, Canberra were still ahead and there was no guarantee Melbourne would have scored.

An incorrect call in minute 5 that leads to a try to allow a team to win by 2 absolutely has more impact on the game
Agreed here, melb weren’t guna win from that call being correct or incorrect

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who cares. Good to see them get ripped off. Let em find out what its like for the rest of us!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it decides the game. If bad calls are made throughout the game there is a thing called 'time' that allows you to get back in with strategy etc.. With 1 minute to go that convenience is gone.
Yeah, I get what you are saying but Melbourne got many calls their way during the game, Canberra were the better team.
Regardless of the touchie's call, I highly doubt Melbourne would have scored.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne should be blowing up about Vunivalu's defensive effort against the first Raiders try

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch for more howlers in the coming weeks. Once again all we ever get from Annesley are platitudes and apologies for the inefficiency of his one field officials. I know that the bunker is only supposed to intervene on foul play ;they had two opportunities in this game where both times Canberra players took out Melbourne players. Annesley has come out today and said that is another thing they got wrong and quite conceivably Canberra could have had TWO men in the bin for those incidents.

Klein and Sutton might find themselves dropped.

This should be riveting viewing live in twenty five minutes......

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/16/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---finals-week-1/

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Fuck the Storm.
Would have loved that touchie to have had a sign attached to his flag that said "Eat Shit” as he waved it in front of Vunivalu, Munster, Smith and Chambers. What a pack of arseholes!

Did Annersley make any mention in his media address yesterday about Melb using that free HIA interchange for a bloke with a sore shoulder? Cheating tip-rat of a club got what it deserved in the end.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I couldn't believe they didn't over rule it. That was the first thing that came to mind after I saw the replay....
I wonder what would happen if the crooks are trailing in the GF and that happened
Overalls 100%