Opinion Topine

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bahahahahaha "last year" your mates Stimson and Waddles have been shit last year and still in the team thanks to a coach that's dumber than them combined.
Surely if Fat Stimson and Waddle get picked this week we know what their secret is... not only did they have a compromising picture of Trent Barrett, but obviously Barrett and Potter were in the compromising photo together.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Show me where i said i liked them
u sound like a News corp journo
twisting Words
Na that's your deal, avoiding a simple question 3 times about them then using bullshit like "last year" and "small frame" to keep your rubbish mates in FG and not give someone else a shot. All the while contradicting yourself.

You're the perfect candidate to take Buzz's job.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Surely if Fat Stimson and Waddle get picked this week we know what their secret is... not only did they have a compromising picture of Trent Barrett, but obviously Barrett and Potter were in the compromising photo together.
If other options are given a few games in their spot and they fail too then it's back to reserves. Nothing lost when it's already lost.

Nobody is saying Topine is a FGer, we are saying give him a shot to try to be, no point keeping failed reserve grade players in FG when all they have done is regressed.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If other options are given a few games in their spot and they fail too then it's back to reserves. Nothing lost when it's already lost.

Nobody is saying Topine is a FGer, we are saying give him a shot to try to be, no point keeping failed reserve grade players in FG when all they have done is regressed.
Im saying he’s a FGer compared to the shit in front of him:tearsofjoy:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly, I agree lol

I'd like him to work out, he would bring JAC level energy to the team. He cant hide his love for the Dogs.
Lets face it I don’t think a fan would care if we didn’t win every game as long as our team had a crack and gave their all on the paddock.

Players with Passion for the club you can build a team out of that fans would support.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lets face it I don’t think a fan would care if we didn’t win every game as long as our team had a crack and gave their all on the paddock.

Players with Passion for the club you can build a team out of that fans would support.
100%!

Especially this season more so.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No idea why he hasn't been given a run when you consider how shit we have been for the past few years. It's a no risk strategy; he can't be any worse than Stimson, Waddell and the other flops we have going around. I thought he showed some promise when he did make first grade, has good energy and is nimble. Worst case scenario it doesn't work out and you put him back to reserve grade.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know if you guys remember but in Holden cup, Finucane was skinny as fuck. People were concerned if he was built for the NRL.

then one off-season god knows what they fed him but he literally doubled in size under Hasler. Put Topine on the horse meat this offseason and bulk him up and he will be a weapon. He’s the only unsigned player for 23 atm that should have a contract

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no need to rush these young blokes into 1st grade before they're ready.
So far he's only played 14 reserve grade games and 8 1st grade games and is still just 21 years old. Give him time to develop and bring him in without the additional pressure of playing in a losing side.
There's no doubt he's a great club man and I want to see him become a long term 1st grader at the dogs, but there's no need to rush those young blokes along before the time is right.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's no need to rush these young blokes into 1st grade before they're ready.
So far he's only played 14 reserve grade games and 8 1st grade games and is still just 21 years old. Give him time to develop and bring him in without the additional pressure of playing in a losing side.
There's no doubt he's a great club man and I want to see him become a long term 1st grader at the dogs, but there's no need to rush those young blokes along before the time is right.
Agree with all of that, I’m sure when Gus thinks he is ready he will get picked. A back to Belmore game would be a good start for him tho

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We got a sample size of him last year
12 rounds into 2022 and obviously the same issues are still there with his game for him not to be selected so far this season
You gotta remember the times he did play, he played out of position at hooker every time. I don’t remember once seeing him play his position in 2nd row

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This guy bleeds blue and white.
If there's one thing our playing squad needs its someone who will give 110% for the guy next to him. IMO that's exactly what this guy brings. He may make a few errors, it may be premature to bring him in now. But what we are currently fielding is mostly a bunch of lazy ***** who have no heart or pride and couldn't give a fuck about the club or the result each week. Get him in.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How does this guy not get a chance over some of these heartless flops

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven’t seen him in reserves, but based on his first grade games in the last few years, he won’t make a difference in our forward pack. We need size and impact, we get absolutely dominated by every pack, especially without TPJ.

In saying that, he should be there over both Stimson and Waddell.