Opinion Topine

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deserves a go..still In the needs more bulk camp though concede this is not the be all.

Waddell will be back in and starts so Harry may well punt Stimson and Jackson gets the bench gig..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How does that exaggeration answer my questions?

Who said I'm using 1 game as my point?
He just is stubborn and doesn't like Topine lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also agree that those stats were against the poorest reggies team there is..I mean the Magpies even have ***** in their squad doing b and e jobs on the side :laughing:

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he doesn’t get picked after that performance and stat line then he never will
Hopefully MP said - you are out of the 17 this week, go have a blinder in reggies and we will look at you next week.....job done

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He got a shot last year
Showed his nothing more than a reserve grader
I spoke to him on Friday on my way out of Leichhardt
I asked him why he wasn't playing tonight and he said he was mistakenly named.
I wish him luck against Wests on Saturday

With all respect guys ,stop having a high opinion of these reserve graders
What playing out of position at hooker for the good of the team... Yep checks out

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
I dont see what u all see..

i said it early with Averillo and Schoup
and said it for a while about Topine
those guys will not take us back to where we belong

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those stats were against a Ron Massey quality opposition. Massive chasm between this & the NRL
I agree a HUGE difference between fg and rm n nsw cup BUT when stimson okunbor averillo (one game only) were playing NSW Cup others on the same field in the same games playing the same opposition including Topine Kiraz Alamoti Morrin were much better.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Topine at least deserves a shot back in FG, for his effort and energy alone. Obviously he had a great game last weekend, and the argument is ‘but he done that against reserve graders’ and the jump to FG is much greater. And I agree with all that, but let me ask this. Would/Has Stimson or Waddell produced those kind of performances against reserve graders? The answer is NO. They are terrible in FG, and you don’t even notice them in Reserves.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Cool, you need to compare Topine to Stimson and Waddell who are being picked over him. A bit silly to be comparing him to top players. Schoupp's doing everything he can to be our long term centre.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cool, you need to compare Topine to Stimson and Waddell who are being picked over him. A bit silly to be comparing him to top players. Schoupp's doing everything he can to be our long term centre.
I reckon Schoup has been getting better and better, bad reads in defence last year but less so this year. the time in 1st grade has maybe accelerated his learning. Might be good for a few others like Topine and Kiraz to get some bonus games under their belt before next year. At least with Topine if he doesn't improve over the rest of the year we know to look elsewhere for next year and we learnt something.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Topine deserves a shot. His time last year at hooker was not a proper introduction to first grade as that was not his preferred position. Difficult to just come in and learn to play hooker in first grade in a struggling team with a dominant half. Scratch that - it was terrible coaching from Baz to put the poor kid through that. TPJ belongs in the middle 13 or 8, he struggles to defend on the edge. King to start at 13 and TPJ off the bench after 20. Topine and Jackson on the edge. No harm in seeing how Topine goes considering the options. Stimson is absolute trash and offers nothing.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody Is saying they are the same level comps.
Talk him up when he performs against Penrith Jets or Norths in NSW Cup. Unfortunately every single player in the club has regressed under Barrett’s system. Everyone has demonised Furner & Sandercock, but their input in coaching and development was stifled by Barrett & his paranoia. Give these 2 a couple of weeks & both our defensive & attacking structures will improve.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Talk him up when he performs against Penrith Jets or Norths in NSW Cup. Unfortunately every single player in the club has regressed under Barrett’s system. Everyone has demonised Furner & Sandercock, but their input in coaching and development was stifled by Barrett & his paranoia. Give these 2 a couple of weeks & both our defensive & attacking structures will improve.
Again I'm not talking him up, he deserves a shot over those 2 rubbish reserve graders who would struggle to find another club dumber than us to sign them.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

FMD.....talk about pushing an agenda.

Because the crap we have now will?

We have nothing to lose. I can't see why you have such a hard on for two proven losers who are not part of our near future.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
9C8AA8D8-54D1-4AE7-8EAB-F3B955A53B76.jpeg

Won’t make a whole new thread. Will suffice !!

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine deserves a shot. His time last year at hooker was not a proper introduction to first grade as that was not his preferred position. Difficult to just come in and learn to play hooker in first grade in a struggling team with a dominant half. Scratch that - it was terrible coaching from Baz to put the poor kid through that. TPJ belongs in the middle 13 or 8, he struggles to defend on the edge. King to start at 13 and TPJ off the bench after 20. Topine and Jackson on the edge. No harm in seeing how Topine goes considering the options. Stimson is absolute trash and offers nothing.
Aaaaaannnndddd........He could still deliver the ball from hooker then JMK.