Opinion Topine

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah those guys are good utility players. I don’t get the JMK utility chat… he doesn’t bring energy, footwork which I think if exactly what a utility player needs
The high energy should be a given basic requirement of a fullback and a half - Lachlan Miller in one game showed it, Jahrome Hughes, Jackson Hastings Luai etc show it each game - Flanagan points and jogs sideways, Dufty only runs hard if no one is near him. Hastings isnt quick but he keeps moving forcing the defensive lines to continually adjust

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson and Waddell are deadset the biggest wankers on our team, why do we always have to keep picking these guys??
They must absolutely smash it during training or something?!!!

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I haven’t seen much , but he could he potentially grow into a victor radley/ Cam Murray/ david stagg type ?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The high energy should be a given basic requirement of a fullback and a half - Lachlan Miller in one game showed it, Jahrome Hughes, Jackson Hastings Luai etc show it each game - Flanagan points and jogs sideways, Dufty only runs hard if no one is near him. Hastings isnt quick but he keeps moving forcing the defensive lines to continually adjust
It’s a soft skill not a physical trait everyone has. You can improve it but it’s more so who you are as a person. You got it or you don’t,

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Topines stats from reserve grade this week.
1 try, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 15 runs for 201 metres, 84 post contact metres, 6 tackle busts, 24 tackles with 0 missed, 0 errors.
If that isn’t enough to push Stimson or Waddell out then idk what is.
Theres some BG to this involving TBaz but Gus has challenged him to show he belongs in the NRL environment.
He's small, no denying that.. So lets see how he goes.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Have you been watching reserves?

Also what has stinkson and waddles done to impress you so much to waste spots in FG?
The reserves won by 234 to nil
Even I would run 400 metres and make 34 line breaks against Nobodies

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see Topine, Kiraz and Toia together in the side through the course of the next few weeks. They can add to the energy that JAC and Shoupp have.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps they are trying to keep Topine cheap for a new contract by not playing him in first grade.... I don't know???

It's Mick's first week in charge of the team & team selections, so let's see who turn's up to training with the best attitude & earns a spot.

Also a long preparation week playing on Sunday so that also helps.

Micks first selection week and all eyes will be watching.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Topine is not a first grader
does that answer your question?
No, you havent answered anything. Why isn't he a FGer? Why doesn't he get a shot but 2 proven dud reserves stay in FG?

I'll ask again...what has stinkson and waddles done to impress you so much to waste spots in FG?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What he lacks in size he makes up for with effort and attitude
The 2 shit ***** now are bigger in size and do fuck all with it. The only muscle that matters is where Topine has them covered and then some....HEART.