Topine should leave

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Topine has been in the first grade team a couple of times in 2022 and 2021 and hasn't cemented a spot for whatever reason.

He's a great player but maybe he's under very specific instructions to achieve a few things in reggies before the FG spot is officially his.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok hear me out....

I want Topine to take Allan the slug's spot in the centres.

Thoughts?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love his passion for the club. Just pick him over Stimson please Potter
We are short on props hence why Stimson plays and then a porp (Patolo) goes down for the whole game.

The kid is 20 and people want him to play through the middle like he is a full grown adult. Not smart... not smart at all.

Kids like Topine and Morrin will get their chance and in due time.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately considering he hasn’t been chosen this season even though he has been quite consistent, it shows it’s more off field than on field issues and like others have said there has been many murmurs out there about issues with his off field ‘performances’

Hopefully he’ll get his chance, but seeing as he’s put his name out there for ESL interest I’m more convinced he’s leaving.

I’m quite surprised another team won’t buy him! But as soon as Gus said a few months back on Twitter that “he’ll get his chance at NRL one day” I knew that chance won’t be for the dogs. He was quite vague in that answer.

He’s a good kid and he deserves a chance but I don’t think it’s at the dogs unfortunately. It’s obvious they use him for media purposes and team songs lol

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately considering he hasn’t been chosen this season even though he has been quite consistent, it shows it’s more off field than on field issues and like others have said there has been many murmurs out there about issues with his off field ‘performances’

Hopefully he’ll get his chance, but seeing as he’s put his name out there for ESL interest I’m more convinced he’s leaving.

I’m quite surprised another team won’t buy him! But as soon as Gus said a few months back on Twitter that “he’ll get his chance at NRL one day” I knew that chance won’t be for the dogs. He was quite vague in that answer.

He’s a good kid and he deserves a chance
I think while he is all heart he is physically quite a small body.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want Allan out and Topine in somewhere
Why? It’s not like he’s SBW coming through the grades. Gus is right to take his development slowly where he can play 80 each week. I wouldn’t be surprised if Patolo spends some time in NSW Cup at some stage too for more minutes

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why? It’s not like he’s SBW coming through the grades. Gus is right to take his development slowly where he can play 80 each week. I wouldn’t be surprised if Patolo spends some time in NSW Cup at some stage too for more minutes
Why? He has heart, he loves us, the boys love him, he is full of energy. He is a home grown version of JAC.