topine hate?

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m honestly not convinced we are aware of the pecking order. This thread is based on an assumption that he is on the outer because Edwards and Morrin got picked instead of him.
I honestly believe with the promotion of our junior grade coaches (Sandercock, even potter himself) they’re just giving each of these guys some game time and some experience due to our season being largely already decided. I think TK is looking way too far into it when it’s likely them just blooding the young ones.
I could be wrong, but it’s the vibe I get.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m honestly not convinced we are aware of the pecking order. This thread is based on an assumption that he is on the outer because Edwards and Morrin got picked instead of him.
I honestly believe with the promotion of our junior grade coaches (Sandercock, even potter himself) they’re just giving each of these guys some game time and some experience due to our season being largely already decided. I think TK is looking way too far into it when it’s likely them just blooding the young ones.
I could be wrong, but it’s the vibe I get.
The kennel is bi polar
Read the threads and comments and treat it all with a grain of salt

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club likes Topine more than people think. He played NSW cup the entire year, playing 80 minutes almost every single week. This allows him to develop a whole bunch in reggie’s like clubs used to do. He was then brought into first grade and played 80. Last week he played both NSW Cup and First Grade 2 days apart (80 in nsw cup, 20 in nrl). Looks like he’ll be doing the same thing week. He may not be a superstar yet, but we’re building him to be one.
With the right forwards surrounding him he may become a good first grade player ... he has some good attributes.

His size is a drawback 100%

People comparing his size to Radley, Murray are not taking into account the fact that they pass the ball 50% of the time. Topine is a edge runner. Massive difference.

Expecting him to become a superstar is a reach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The club likes Topine more than people think. He played NSW cup the entire year, playing 80 minutes almost every single week. This allows him to develop a whole bunch in reggie’s like clubs used to do. He was then brought into first grade and played 80. Last week he played both NSW Cup and First Grade 2 days apart (80 in nsw cup, 20 in nrl). Looks like he’ll be doing the same thing week. He may not be a superstar yet, but we’re building him to be one.
If the club liked him he would of got an extension almost 1 year ago.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the club liked him he would of got an extension almost 1 year ago.
If my mail is true (don’t shoot the messenger), he’s very close to re-signing. Gus never likes to overpay or underpay, he’s just finding his value

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the right forwards surrounding him he may become a good first grade player ... he has some good attributes.

His size is a drawback 100%

People comparing his size to Radley, Murray are not taking into account the fact that they pass the ball 50% of the time. Topine is a edge runner. Massive difference.

Expecting him to become a superstar is a reach.
Do you have to need to pass the ball nowadays to be a superstar?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Incredibly overrated imo still, lights it up in NSW cup, cant really convert any decent form into first grade. Not a loss at all.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Incredibly overrated imo still, lights it up in NSW cup, cant really convert any decent form into first grade. Not a loss at all.
Overrated at times by fans, I agree, but very underrated by people who say he’s not a loss. Perfect utility value (second row, lock, hooker, centre), and every junior coach seems to have great wraps around his work ethic at training. Clearly one of the most passionate Bulldogs at the moment, still leads every team song even when not playing. Was the Aussie Schoolboys captain in a star studded squad. Also gets shit for his defence, but in his first NRL match this year he made 43 tackles and 0 missed, and was great in attack.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus is on record as saying he doesn't like pushing young players too far too soon. Last year, at nineteen, Topine played in FG at the back end of the season (Barrett pushing), and did OK in a beaten team. This year Gus has been more hands-on, and Topine has been allowed to develop in reggies.

I believe Harrison and Topine were called up in the last couple of games mainly because we were desperately short of bodies. Topine starts and gets 80 minutes because they already know he won't let them down, Harrison comes off the bench because they aren't sure, and want to have a look. He passes the first test and gets to start in the next match.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Newcastle will sack their flop sooner, therefore I expect to be wearing my Knights jersey to the GF before my bulldogs one.
None of this surprises me. U never really came across as a dog's fan to me aye haha.
BTW I thought their newest flop arrives in pre season? :smirk::smirk:
he has time on his side, minimum base contract, get stuck into the weights and he gets a chance next year. He needs to play the long game
Have they got the weights that will make him taller

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Overrated at times by fans, I agree, but very underrated by people who say he’s not a loss. Perfect utility value (second row, lock, hooker, centre), and every junior coach seems to have great wraps around his work ethic at training. Clearly one of the most passionate Bulldogs at the moment, still leads every team song even when not playing. Was the Aussie Schoolboys captain in a star studded squad. Also gets shit for his defence, but in his first NRL match this year he made 43 tackles and 0 missed, and was great in attack.

Great resume, but that doesn't convert onto the field where it counts

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
he’s basically the same size as hudson young who has been brilliant this year
just because he has been dropped back to reggies, doesnt mean he is off the nose. He has talent but he does need to get bigger, he is a small forward playing on the edge.
he is 21 so he is a player of future if he can have a big offseason imo