Top Shelf News 6/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
As promised guys, i have some big Top Shelf News for you.

Todd Greenberg is trying to push Luke Patten, Andrew Ryan and Brett Kimmorley out next year so they we can try and keep Idris Morris etc

All fairly obvious but the interesting part of this saga is that when Todd and Kev sat down with the three to explain the clubs situation around 9 -10 weeks ago they were extremely unhappy with what they were hearing. My source tells me that Luke Patten in particular was very unhappy and without going into much detail launched into a expletive laden tirade. From what I understand all three players want to be at the club next year playing but it is the CEO and Coach that want to push them out. However what is now coming out of bulldogs HQ is that the management may be softening their stance and are even considering keeping at least Ryan and possibly even Patten. A reason for our recent form turnaround perhaps?

Remember guys, you heard it here first.

BootS for Top Shelf News.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Boots, Mohamad here from the kennel mod team and Bulldogs Army liaison officer. I have a question...

If Luke Patten is still at the club in 2011, what does that mean for the future of young Ben Barba?

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Hi Boots, Mohamad here from the kennel mod team and Bulldogs Army liaison officer. I have a question...

If Luke Patten is still at the club in 2011, what does that mean for the future of young Ben Barba?
Not sure Moe, but when i hear anything, you know, the kennel will be the first to know!!

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Hmmm, I would like to think that the club has softened their stance on this. Pushing out our 2 remaining veterans and a veteran of the game we love so dearly is very poor form.

It would justify why Kimmorley may be linked with other clubs such as Parramatta.

Personally, I think Ryan still has another year in him, I think Patten has another year in him, and I would dare-say with a couple of bigger forwards around him that Kimmorley has another year in him. I think that in Patten's interest, he may be better off financially by leaving at the end of this year as this will certainly be his last due to his back problems etc. If he wants to grab that last hoard of cash from ESL he really has to make the move now. For someone like Ryan, I think he could play for us next year and still have 1-2 years in the ESL after that.

Very interesting, thanks for the news, BootS. Top Shelf.

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am still at a loss wondering what the news is suppose to be .... All pretty speculative based on already known assumptions. You have punched out some shiiit lately Boots but this one takes the cake

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if they both stayed tbh.

1. Patten
  2. Turner
  3. Morris
  4. Roberts
  5. Goodwin
  6. Barba
  7. Hodkinson
  8. Tolman
  9. Ennis
  10. Tandy
  11. Idris
  12. Ryan
  13. Stagg
    _______
  14. Keating
  15. Hodgson
  16. Paea
  17. Gordon (or Beastwood if he comes back)

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
all three need to go! we need to think about our future not our past!

Christian

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the reason for our recent form turnaround if you could call it that is Barba and Tandy not Patten and Ryan. If they don't start playing better they will both be in reggies next year anyway

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
I am still at a loss wondering what the news is suppose to be .... All pretty speculative based on already known assumptions. You have punched out some shiiit lately Boots but this one takes the cake
Yak from Yass, I'm sorry that you feel that Top Shelf News is not delivery at a Top Shelf standard.

Our reporters provide Real News, Real Fast. While this information may have been rumours in the past, you can rest assured that if it is reported by TSN, the rumours have now morphed into fact, and you're one of the first to know about it.

We hope you enjoy our continued coverage and high standard of News.

Remember, if it's not Top Shelf, it's not worth Shelving.

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
i am hearing that next yr barba will be at fullback and roberts will be coming of the bench. so i would assume this is keating @ 6 and hodgkinson @ 7. we r looking @ that o'neil from melbourne. i havent seen him play but he has scored a few tries. whinitina is gone end of year so mayb a bit of extra cover. also keep hearing eastwood will def be back

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
all three need to go! we need to think about our future not our past!
Id only like to see Ryan go if he was directly replaced by Jake Foster. If we intend to replace him with a buy, then i would rather keep Ryan.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are the man, this is Top SHelf News

btw i have a feeling if we do keep ryan and patten ROberts will move to centre for sure, i have this feeling that will be his postion after coming back from injury this year.. I wouldnt mind seeing how he goes there.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
More news just in, its running hot at the momnent.

One of the promises made to Ben Barba when he re-signed was a crack at the Fullback spot next season, he was assuming this would ultimately lead to Luke Patten heading overseas to play Super League.

This latest news might change this, what is making this even more interesting is that the players are being left in the dark and are still expecting both to be leaving at the end of the current season.

B

Bear Drylls

barba is crud, i would much prefer luke patten in such a key position

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
You are the man, this is Top SHelf News

btw i have a feelign if we do keep ryan and patten ROberts will move to centre for sure, i have this feeling that will be his postion after coming back from injury
Excuse me, Dogzkill4eva, it seems that you are an intelligent and charismatic Kenneler who knows just how lucky he his to benefit from Top Shelf News.

Would you be so kind as to offer a testimony as to why you love Top Shelf News, Top Shelf Productions, and the crew that report Top Shelf News straight to you?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well its safe to say Noddy is out as his contract is up, but the other two can choose to honor their contracts if they wish to meaning some ramifications for younger players.

Its Patten that is the most contentious as its obvious that Keating and Hodkinson will reunite their junior days in the halfs and Barba was meant to be fullback.

The club has a real dilemma on its hands.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it's about the money why are they wanting to sign slater etc etc.... Save the $$$$$$ give it to Morris and iris if that's the case.... I think Moore is ****ing around too much

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ryan could easily play for another two years. The other two not so lucky.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear, Mr. Top Shef News, is there any truth to the rumour that Sharks want Kimmorley back?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
bottom line is they were both heavily front loaded and are playing for free under the cap this year and next.
^^ this ^^
exactly what i was lead to believe. not giving barba a starting spot is halting his evolution as a footballer. letting patten go and chase coin is the right option patten is one of the worst defending fb's atm. coote slater bowen all make great try saving tackles (slater so good he used to make covering tackles with his feet). its almost comical watching patten both miss the cover tackle completely & take out a team mate at the same time. ryan we should keep.

do the right thing for the clubs roster for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.