Official Top 30

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck to him good footballer. Hard to understand why the club didn't keep him considering his on a min wage anyway.
Minimum wage for top 30 in 2019 is $105,000. Burr was only on a quarter of that this year. If he can get top 30 in NZ, makes sense to go. Its probably his last chance to establish himself as a regular 1st grader. Dogs probably thinking there is better value around. Sad to see him go as he is a real local junior.

Last edited:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs have filled 29 spots one spot left, could there be another signing before next season?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should go after someone with experience outwide, our outsaide backs are too young.
We should try talking to the storm, see if they will release Will Chambers. The only one in our backline with experience is Hoppa.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...nfirm-the-clubs-development-players-for-2019/

The club has just announced their development squad players for 2019.

1. Morgan Harper
2. Jarred Anderson
3. Tui Katoa
4. James Ramunos

They are permitted to choose 3-6. My question to everyone is...wouldn’t common sense tell you to choose 6 if you are permitted to do so, to allow for injuries and further depth, particularly considering our lack of depth in key areas ie hooker and Outside backs.
It would fast track our “rebuild” by having ready made cheap replacements who are fimilar with all things related to the FG squad, for season 2020 etc.

I could understand if it was to be included in our cap, however this is exempt from our cap. I just don’t get these people running the joint. Someone tell me if I’m interpreting this incorrectly? and are wrong to think this?

Why are we the only club acting so conservatively and like good little altar boys whilst every other club is out there doing all things necessary to get one over the next club. They choose 4 (the median figure) What for? Who will they offend by choosing their entitled amount of 6? No prize for being the NRL team who colours well within the lines. Just dumb!

They carry on about being the club who develops players from this point onwards but when given the chance don’t take advantage and fuck that up aswell. I’m sorry to sound like a whinge, but ffs.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...nfirm-the-clubs-development-players-for-2019/

The club has just announced their development squad players for 2019.

1. Morgan Harper
2. Jarred Anderson
3. Tui Katoa
4. James Ramunos

They are permitted to choose 3-6. My question to everyone is...wouldn’t common sense tell you to choose 6 if you are permitted to do so, to allow for injuries and further depth, particularly considering our lack of depth in key areas ie hooker and Outside backs.

I could understand if it was to be included in our cap, however this is exempt from our cap. I just don’t get these people running the joint. Someone tell me if I’m interpreting this incorrectly? and are wrong to think this?

Why are we the only club acting so conservatively and like good little altar boys whilst every other club is out there doing all things necessary to get one over the next club. They choose 4 (the median figure) What for? Who will they offend by choosing their entitled amount of 6. No prize for being the NRL team who colours well within the lines. Just dumb!
I assumed they could add to the development squad at a later date. Just assumed - don't know for a fact.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assumed they could add to the development squad at a later date. Just assumed - don't know for a fact.
I hope your right. If not theyre just fucking stupid.

Here’s $100,000 just because....No thanks I’ll just take $50,000.