Official Top 30

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard today that Burr is 50/50 if he wants to play again next year so it’s up to him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is that the boards fault though or the staff(admin) fault that fall under Andrew Hill?
25/50/50 blame if you ask me.

If it's admin staff, then Hill should be making sure such things are checked and triple checked.
If he isn't then the board should be asking why not.

Not to mention even the boards initial pitch to voters during election was amateur hour as well (so it's just flowing on really).

There have been quite a few incidents so far with this board wreak of unprofessionalism.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is the club has not released Klemmer yet. They will only release him if they get a good deal in return.
So yes, it does look like he'll go, but only on our terms. Klem's been whinging for a while now mate, way before this board got on.
But there’s no coming back for him after this. The team or fans won’t want anything to do with him. It’s caused irrevocable damage imo.

We love people who are passionate like us and share the same fondness. He has publicly asserted he doesn’t.

The only option now is for him to be released.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive got MTVs Top30 on at moment.. its far more exciting than the Bulldogs Top30

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But there’s no coming back for him after this. The team or fans won’t want anything to do with him. It’s caused irrevocable damage imo.

We love people who are passionate like us and share the same fondness. He has publicly asserted he doesn’t.

The only option now is for him to be released.
All I know is the management should grow some Blllls and stand up for the club and the fans, I am sick of the Political Correctness Bullshit, I am sick of the excuse "Oh we don't want an unhappy player in the squad"...Make them happy !!!
It's time we sent out a message to all players and clubs, A contract is a contract.
It's time transfer fees are introduced and included in a better organized salary cap.
It's time the NRL took full control of the TPAs by establishing a committee with financial representatives from each club allocated to work together towards attracting TPAs shared equally by the 16 clubs, that's if the NRL truly wants the game to thrive and be fair, Enough of the fraud...where clubs pretend they have no involvement in organizing the TPAs...we know the truth, and know most of the players can't organize their dinners from the local fish & chips shop !!!
It's time the junior rugby league is properly supported and the talent equally divided...I know this wont go down well with few selfish clubs !!!
It's time the referees refereed the game...not decide the result !!!
Seriously guys...is this too much to ask For...Am I dreaming ???
SAVE OUR GAME !!!

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been shown elsewhere on TK...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/02/2019-nrl-rosters-official-squads-announced-for-all-teams/

The Bulldogs have 29 of 30 spots filled (though could yet free up a spot and some cash if David Klemmer is granted a release) and the club believes they have a good mixture of experience and youth. Three of last season's top 30 spots were filled by already departed players James Graham, Lloyd Perrett and Sam Kasiano, but the club will no longer be paying those players for 2019. There has been a significant overhaul otherwise with six up-and-coming players signed from other clubs - such as Nick Meaney, Jack Cogger, Sauaso Sue, Corey Harawira-Naera and Christian Crichton - and some senior players – headed by the Morris twins and Greg Eastwood – departing. The Dogs are confident Kieran Foran is fit again and will help mentor talented halves partner Lachlan Lewis, while Josh Jackson will again captain the side as he looks to push his claims for a return to the NSW side.

2019 squad

Yep....we are in trouble...on paper we are pretty much close to woeful

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep....we are in trouble...on paper we are pretty much close to woeful
On paper 12months ago, the cowboys were premiership favourites & the Rabbitohs were predicted to finish no better than 14th!!!! Yet the Cowboys just missed out on the spoon while the Bunnies were in the minor premiership race right up until the final round & a GF birth.
We will have at least one more significant signing (once Klemmer’s departure is confirmed) as there will be several great buys on the market.
2019 will test the mettle of our coaching staff- with Tony Ayoub heading up our HP our injury management & conditioning will go to another level. I really hope Pay & co work on our defensive structures & processes in attack- hopefully we’ll surprise all our critics

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else realise that Christian Crichton isn’t as short as he actually looks on TV. He’s 182 cm and 100kg. He’s the exact same height as Holland.

Crichton 182cm 100kg
Hopoate 186cm 98kg
Holland 182cm 94kg
Smith 196cm 97kg
Montoya 189cm 95kg
Meaney 187cm 90kg

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burr has played well, b ut he is expendable as we have plenty of forwards. What we need is some good backs.
I think Cerutto has been hard done by.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else realise that Christian Crichton isn’t as short as he actually looks on TV. He’s 182 cm and 100kg. He’s the exact same height as Holland.

Crichton 182cm 100kg
Hopoate 186cm 98kg
Holland 182cm 94kg
Smith 196cm 97kg
Montoya 189cm 95kg
Meaney 187cm 90kg
You do realise they all cheat. Players give their own height and weight to the publicity person and that gets published.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would they cheat about this? Not exactly getting any rewards for it
Not sure. Probably ego but i know it happens. No forward will admit to being under 6 foot or under 100 kilos. But they wont admit to being more than 118/120. Kasiano was over 140 at one stage and listed as 121. I saw sonny bill at a function at the height of his dogs career. He was listed as 106kgs. My 16 year old nephew who was fit was at least 6 cms shorter but apparently the same weight!! 2 of him would have fit in sonny bill.

Malla

Reaction score
Not sure. Probably ego but i know it happens. No forward will admit to being under 6 foot or under 100 kilos. But they wont admit to being more than 118/120. Kasiano was over 140 at one stage and listed as 121. I saw sonny bill at a function at the height of his dogs career. He was listed as 106kgs. My 16 year old nephew who was fit was at least 6 cms shorter but apparently the same weight!! 2 of him would have fit in sonny bill.
Kasiano was probably 120kg at the beginning of last season at the Storm when he lost all that weight lol he's probably back to 140 now playing for easts lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's time the NRL took full control of the TPAs by establishing a committee with financial representatives from each club allocated to work together towards attracting TPAs shared equally by the 16 clubs, that's if the NRL truly wants the game to thrive and be fair, Enough of the fraud...where clubs pretend they have no involvement in organizing the TPAs...we know the truth, and know most of the players can't organize their dinners from the local fish & chips shop !!!
The players and their agents are free to negotiate whatever they can get from 3rd parties. Not everything is obtained via their Club. That's where it gets hard, how do you tell if its genuine TPA and a fake one? Let's say Russel Crowe talks to James Packer and arranges for Greg Inglisis's manager to meet with JP who organises a paying gig for GI on Foxports. Is that a genuine 3rd party agreement? Or did it only happen 'cause RC and JP were having a drink one night? So it's not really 3rd party?

A lot, I'd guess most. TPA's come about due to the contacts of the Club, it's owners and members. But an "introduction" to someone doesn't guarantee a TPA.

In reverse, I can't ever imagine a universe where Thompson Ford gives some of its TPA's to the Bulldogs, Politis would have a heart attack.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The players and their agents are free to negotiate whatever they can get from 3rd parties. Not everything is obtained via their Club. That's where it gets hard, how do you tell if its genuine TPA and a fake one? Let's say Russel Crowe talks to James Packer and arranges for Greg Inglisis's manager to meet with JP who organises a paying gig for GI on Foxports. Is that a genuine 3rd party agreement? Or did it only happen 'cause RC and JP were having a drink one night? So it's not really 3rd party?

A lot, I'd guess most. TPA's come about due to the contacts of the Club, it's owners and members. But an "introduction" to someone doesn't guarantee a TPA.

In reverse, I can't ever imagine a universe where Thompson Ford gives some of its TPA's to the Bulldogs, Politis would have a heart attack.
Anyone believes that clubs have nothing to do with TPAs believes in fairies !
Can anyone explain this...Why do players get angry and hostile with their clubs and threaten to leave the club over unpaid TPAs if managers are the responsible and the organizers of it ???

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this...Why do players get angry and hostile with their clubs and threaten to leave the club over unpaid TPAs if managers are the responsible and the organizers of it ???
Everyone knows clubs do, the point is there not meant too
Because clubs do organise them , so really players can't break a contract legally over unpaid tpa's because the club has to be at an "arms length " with them
Nrl is a joke and corrupt with no leadership

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My point was that not all TPA's involve the clubs. Some are truly 3rd party agreements with no involvement from the club. Obviously not all of them are arms length, but some clubs do appear to have very long arms. More to the point, one club towns, particularly Melbourne ($800k reported) and Brisbane ($600k reported) have a hugely unfair advantage. They have plenty of potential sponsors with no other local teams to support. There needs to be something done to level up that playing field. The only thing I can think of is that there should be a TPA cap, say $300k for each team, which is a bit more than the current average ($260k reported). Which gets audited and reviewed every year just like the salary cap.

You are spot on, the fact that it's being widely reported that Klemmer is peeeeed off with us about one of his TPA's would get my interest if I was a salary cap auditor. "So David, who exactly is this 3rd party that you are having a problem with? Please explain why you blame/are angry with the Bulldogs?". Perhaps best you stop blaming the Bulldogs and get your manager off his ass and sort out your TPA's, that's his effen job.

Go Dogs