Official Top 30

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think saddler missed a lot of or the whole 2017 season. Someone here made a comment a few months ago about his lack of pace in an u20 game. Takes time to get speed back after a lengthy injury.

Still caught me by surprise to see him named in top 30 instead of part of the development squad considering he was only in flegg team last season. They must have rated him highly.

Btw i dont know the diff btwn top 30 and development squad now that they all can play first grade
I read somewhere that the development players can only play top grade after June 30.
Yes Saddler was very slow.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The way we are letting go of players, we'll be lucky to have a Top 5 by seasons start.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see saddler and wakeham in top 30 and harper in development. I would have thought harper is an injury away from top grade considering how thin our backline depth is.

Wakeham that close to making 1st grade?

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Harper has been upgraded to the NRL squad.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just realised Burr isn't in it... wtf is wrong with these idiots, puts in more effort than Taulau

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see saddler and wakeham in top 30 and harper in development. I would have thought harper is an injury away from top grade considering how thin our backline depth is.

Wakeham that close to making 1st grade?
2019 is the last year of Saddler's 3 year contract. Whatever he is on is over the minimum a top 30 player can get for 2019 ($100,000 i think) so he automatically goes into our top 30. Scary if he doesnt come good and we can chalk up another cleal fuckup

Last edited:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
jayden?? fucking cant defend for shit
wakeham?
Saddler?

Where is Burr?
Taking the fucking piss now....
Burr and Cerruto have drawn the short straw here. Particularly Burr. He’s a FG player through and through.

Wakeham and Sadler although good, more development players at the present.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I cant believe Burr is not there. NSW cup player of year for Dogs and actually can second phase play unlike Klemmer

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Harper has been upgraded to the NRL squad.
Although has potential, he has only played 2-3 ISP games. Thought it would be wiser to have him as a development player. Obviously speaks volumes about how tight our cap situation really is...need to fill the gaps with not quite ready ISP players to make up the numbers.

We have less money than we all think.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been shown elsewhere on TK...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/02/2019-nrl-rosters-official-squads-announced-for-all-teams/

The Bulldogs have 29 of 30 spots filled (though could yet free up a spot and some cash if David Klemmer is granted a release) and the club believes they have a good mixture of experience and youth. Three of last season's top 30 spots were filled by already departed players James Graham, Lloyd Perrett and Sam Kasiano, but the club will no longer be paying those players for 2019. There has been a significant overhaul otherwise with six up-and-coming players signed from other clubs - such as Nick Meaney, Jack Cogger, Sauaso Sue, Corey Harawira-Naera and Christian Crichton - and some senior players – headed by the Morris twins and Greg Eastwood – departing. The Dogs are confident Kieran Foran is fit again and will help mentor talented halves partner Lachlan Lewis, while Josh Jackson will again captain the side as he looks to push his claims for a return to the NSW side.

2019 squad

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been shown elsewhere on TK...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/02/2019-nrl-rosters-official-squads-announced-for-all-teams/

The Bulldogs have 29 of 30 spots filled (though could yet free up a spot and some cash if David Klemmer is granted a release) and the club believes they have a good mixture of experience and youth. Three of last season's top 30 spots were filled by already departed players James Graham, Lloyd Perrett and Sam Kasiano, but the club will no longer be paying those players for 2019. There has been a significant overhaul otherwise with six up-and-coming players signed from other clubs - such as Nick Meaney, Jack Cogger, Sauaso Sue, Corey Harawira-Naera and Christian Crichton - and some senior players – headed by the Morris twins and Greg Eastwood – departing. The Dogs are confident Kieran Foran is fit again and will help mentor talented halves partner Lachlan Lewis, while Josh Jackson will again captain the side as he looks to push his claims for a return to the NSW side.

2019 squad

Yes it has, I've merged the threads..