Official Top 30

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From memory we had 7 players playing at other clubs with us footing a part of the bill

Graham 500k?
Kasiano 200k?
Suli 30k?
Lee 100k?
Perrett 100k?
Woods???
Mbye???

Considering Graham, Kasiano, Suli, Perrett & Lee are off our books this year, is that 900-950k now covering the bill for Mbye and Woods for the next few years?

Both Morris boys were on a combined $1.3m this year? Eastwood was on 800k? Thats 2mill there?

Surely we cant be that rooted? By the looks of that squad, something really isnt right?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Burr should 100% be there over some of the other duds on there

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From memory we had 7 players playing at other clubs with us footing a part of the bill

Graham 500k?
Kasiano 200k?
Suli 30k?
Lee 100k?
Perrett 100k?
Woods???
Mbye???

Considering Graham, Kasiano, Suli, Perrett & Lee are off our books this year, is that 900-950k now covering the bill for Mbye and Woods for the next few years?

Both Morris boys were on a combined $1.3m this year? Eastwood was on 800k? Thats 2mill there?

Surely we cant be that rooted? By the looks of that squad, something really isnt right?
last year we paid Klemmer 400k next year we would be paying him 1 mill. that is one example we know. Jackson is probably another example and Hoppa another. The problem with back ended deals is they continue to hurt in some cases even when the players are no longer with you. How much of the salary we are contributing for woods and mbye because of back ended deals?

The other 'problem' is new recruits brought on by new management are not back ended. this means short term pain to recover rather then long term frustrations.

we could have continued to use back ended deals and have a fairly competitive team. not a premiership team but maybe a consistent top 8. But we want premierships don't we or are we happy to just make the 8?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so if Klemmer leaves we have at least 1.1 Mill to spend on 2 players....

can't see anymore signing announcements until the Klemmer situation has been resolved.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If klemmer goes we are in line for the spoon.
Not unless we buy two quality players for the $1m void in the cap Klemmer is leaving free for us to spend if he goes.
That money will easily buy you a gun centre and prop.
If the board play their cards right, it could work out well for us.
Too many people are jumping the gun on here. Lets just wait and see what happens.
Just because the old board used to let go of players and not replace them with anyone(for e.g Barba and we didn't replace him with anyone) doesn't mean this board will do the same.

I'm thinking there will be a lot of free agents to pick from from this coaching merry go round. We just need to be patient.

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
why would we be announcing our top 30 now? surely you'd wait till after the trials or at least well in to the preseason

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
why would we be announcing our top 30 now? surely you'd wait till after the trials or at least well in to the preseason
All clubs required to have 24 released to public on Friday.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any inside info or guy feel on Klemmer and our cap in general Mate? Your input/info is normally pretty good for mine
All I know is the club has not released Klemmer yet. They will only release him if they get a good deal in return.
So yes, it does look like he'll go, but only on our terms. Klem's been whinging for a while now mate, way before this board got on.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not what i was hearing but that might explain it.
I think saddler missed a lot of or the whole 2017 season. Someone here made a comment a few months ago about his lack of pace in an u20 game. Takes time to get speed back after a lengthy injury.

Still caught me by surprise to see him named in top 30 instead of part of the development squad considering he was only in flegg team last season. They must have rated him highly.

Btw i dont know the diff btwn top 30 and development squad now that they all can play first grade

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think saddler missed a lot of or the whole 2017 season. Someone here made a comment a few months ago about his lack of pace in an u20 game. Takes time to get speed back after a lengthy injury.

Still caught me by surprise to see him named in top 30 instead of part of the development squad considering he was only in flegg team last season. They must have rated him highly.

Btw i dont know the diff btwn top 30 and development squad now that they all can play first grade
I think top 30 = salary cap.

Development = outside of the salary cap?

Just a guess

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is the club has not released Klemmer yet. They will only release him if they get a good deal in return.
So yes, it does look like he'll go, but only on our terms. Klem's been whinging for a while now mate, way before this board got on.
Fuck him the whinging bitch. What do we get by releasing him? Ill tell you what we get sweet fuck all.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barring Remis Smith, we do not have any other speedsters.

fml, we are going to have one of the slowest backline, halves and hooker in the game
why we need bevan french i reckon. Can't believe it still hasn't happened