Top 10 players yet to deliver in 2014 - NRL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jack Brady over at NRL.com has nominated 10 players yet to deliver in 2014.

Included on the list, and thoroughly deserving of their place: Ben Barba and Darius Boyd.

Not on the list: Anyone from the Dogs, even (surprise surprise for all the T-Rex haters out there) Tony Williams.

Who do you think should be on that list? Note: Brady gives his reasons for his selections, often using actual statistics(!), so please refrain from simply airing tired old empty opinions and provide some evidence for your selection.

Dane Tilse
As one of the starting props for the Raiders, he isn't doing a great job building a platform for his halves. Averages 90m and 20 tackles a game. Mind you, his front row mate Brett White isn't doing a whole lot better.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Re-name the thread title to "The Ben Barba" thread.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difficult to argue much with that list.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think broncos fans expected 2012 barba - not 2013 barba.
If they were smart they would see the reason why he was so good in 2012 behind our revolutionary style of play.
Do you guys reckon he has been found out or just needs a good pack of forwards to help him?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they were smart they would see the reason why he was so good in 2012 behind our revolutionary style of play.
Do you guys reckon he has been found out or just needs a good pack of forwards to help him?
Both. Needs a good pack, but even with that, i don't think he will be as effective as 2012 because he isn't as fast or agile.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, even 2013 Barba was waaaay better than 2014.

2010 21 Games 15 Tries
2011 24 Games 23 Tries
2012 27 Games 22 Tries
2013 17 Games 10 Tries

2014 7 Games 1 Try

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with that list.

I dunno if Benji deserves to be on the list, did anyone expect him to deliver more than he is now?

I also love it how we were all right about Ratboy. I hate the Broncos so damn much and knowing that they paid overs for Barba and he isn't doing anything helps me sleep.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both. Needs a good pack, but even with that, i don't think he will be as effective as 2012 because he isn't as fast or agile.
He is pretty young still. I can't really see his speed and elusiveness totally deserting him unless he gets more leg injuries.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to see the stats but t carney would be one. Last year he lifted the whole sharks side now days, he has been patchy at best. At his devasting peak, he orchestrated a master class against the warriors.. Cut out passes, line breaks etc. he is easily the best play maker nsw has by a country mile but he needs to get more consistent or get his head right.

Maybe it's his dodgey hammy...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id like to see the stats but t carney would be one. Last year he lifted the whole sharks side now days, he has been patchy at best. At his devasting peak, he orchestrated a master class against the warriors.. Cut out passes, line breaks etc. he is easily the best play maker nsw has by a country mile but he needs to get more consistent or get his head right.

Maybe it's his dodgey hammy...
Good call, either way he has been almost missing in action compared with last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.