Top 10 Off Contract Halfbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
According to Fox Sports, these are the top 10 halfbacks off contract at the end of this year & their market value. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a Moses Mbye & Luke Keary halves combination with Josh Reynolds at hooker next year. With our backline that could definitely make us a serious threat to the rest of the competition.

What do you guys think?

IMG]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/12/6e6db9f346e9b4e95cad6adcecbc9b47.jpg[/IMG]

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No, I think Lichaa is a better hooker than Reynolds and Reynolds is a better half than Keary.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's the thing, Reynolds doesn't have a good enough game to be a hooker. He excels as a dummy half when he runs. He sees when there is space and takes off. But as a full time hooker in the middle of the field his defence will be suspect and his passing from dummy half will be sloppy and slow.

Lichaa is way better developed all round in that position. The only thing he has missing is a kicking game (Garvey got a few repeat sets with some good short kicks)

And if we were after a half we would be better suited with a halfback (someone like brooks) who has a good passing game, good speed and a good long kick (would probably be more what the dogs need then another 5/8).

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Moses Mbye is not off contract and should be announced before Fridays game against the Eels along with Jackson and Klemmer. Yes Boys all of our Tomorrows, ,Yesterdays, On the Verges,
blah,blah,blah should come all at once. If the club is to be beleived!!!! :|

I would take Corey Norman out of that lot but his price is too high. Keary had his chance with us but chose to sign with the bunnies. Luke Brooks as everyone knows by now and have heard the rumor, Des seems to be interested but....... What ever happens if we do sign a half back I suggest it will be curtains for Josh Reynolds in the Blue and White. Now way would you move Lichaa from Hooker!!!!!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
According to Fox Sports, these are the top 10 halfbacks off contract at the end of this year & their market value. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a Moses Mbye & Luke Keary halves combination with Josh Reynolds at hooker next year. With our backline that could definitely make us a serious threat to the rest of the competition.

What do you guys think?

IMG]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/12/6e6db9f346e9b4e95cad6adcecbc9b47.jpg[/IMG]
I would have argued with you about Keary until yesterday, he was great and for that kind of money it would be a no brainer to go after him for halfback, but not at the expense of Lichaa - Reynolds to the bench.

Corey Norman at Fullback is what I'd be chasing on that list, though 800k is steep. If Cronk is serious about moving to Sydney he'll want to be asking for no more then 900k I'd reckon. Benji wouldn't bring too much that we need and probably would t mesh too well.

Robson is just about the worst half in the comp and a rip off at 200k. Kelly might be worth netting at that price.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whether its Keary or Brooks, Mbye needs a partner in the halves with a solid kicking game. As much as Reynolds puts his body on the line and gives it his all, he just doesnt have that kicking game that we need.

In order for our attack to lift, we need two halves with a solid kicking game. As Mbye is still developing, a combination with Keary or Brooks could bring out the best in him.

Dont get me wrong Reynolds is the ultimate competitor but he just isnt a complete five-eighth.

Soward's kicking game killed us the other night and made me think about our need for another half outside Mbye.

Lichaa is definitely good at hooker, he is developing nicely. Its just a tough call the club needs to make on Reynolds (keep him or let him go).

Reynolds tries his best and no one can argue with that but I wouldnt rate him in the top 10 halves of the game or with potential to reach that. He is a good player with a doubt but just not the type of player we need right now. I could be wrong, Reynolds could become one of the best in the game, who knows. I just think we need a more dominant and well-rounded half outside Mbye.

Blake Green is also a player to think about considering his cheap price tag.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
If Hasler gets rid of his stupid habit and gets rid of this 4 forwards on the bench , use Reynolds on the bench sign another half with a half decent kicking game to compliment Mbye would be ideal .

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Corey Norman is a plodder..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt Cronk is leaving the storm. The big 3 talk about leaving at renewal time but they always stay. I'd stay thats why Bellamy is staying.

If Reynolds doesn't improve/keeps getting suspended then I'd say Des might consider one of the 3 halves from the lower grades to partner with Mbye next year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think u need to put down the crack pipe mb. Whats lichaa done to get sacked. If being injured is enough bmoz is in serious poo

Last edited:

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think u need to put down the crack pipe mb. Whats lichaa done to get sacked. If being injured is enough bmoz is in serious poo

I dont remember saying lichaa needs to get the sack. If you read my other post I do say that he is developing nicely and the club needs to make a tough call on Reynolds.

Sorry Mr Dognacious. Next time dont put words in peoples mouths. The only one on the crack pipe is yourself. Keep up the good work mate, go hard.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Moses Mbye is not off contract and should be announced before Fridays game against the Eels along with Jackson and Klemmer. Yes Boys all of our Tomorrows, ,Yesterdays, On the Verges,
blah,blah,blah should come all at once. If the club is to be beleived!!!! :|

I would take Corey Norman out of that lot but his price is too high. Keary had his chance with us but chose to sign with the bunnies. Luke Brooks as everyone knows by now and have heard the rumor, Des seems to be interested but....... What ever happens if we do sign a half back I suggest it will be curtains for Josh Reynolds in the Blue and White. Now way would you move Lichaa from Hooker!!!!!
More announcements been announced just to have nothing announced.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fkn Luke keary ??
I hate the ****.
He's level with Jamie soward on my punch-o-meter.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Luke Keary is just a lil shit with short man syndrome and he better not come within a ten square mile radius of Belmore Oval lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont remember saying lichaa needs to get the sack. If you read my other post I do say that he is developing nicely and the club needs to make a tough call on Reynolds.

Sorry Mr Dognacious. Next time dont put words in peoples mouths. The only one on the crack pipe is yourself. Keep up the good work mate, go hard.
Ok so reading what you said above, you think the club should make a tough call and play Reynolds at Hooker, but also keep Lichaa, and play him in another position? Cant have 2 hookers. Both players are 80 minute players.

Besides that you have a snowballs chance in hell of us buying a half any time soon.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Luke Keary, no thanks. Too small, too encumbered by the smell of rabbitohs.

Status
Not open for further replies.