Toomaga

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like him. We have some good young forwards coming though from reserves. I think he will soon get his chance his an NRL forward. Like to see him in fg with ogden and Napa. Want to see some bashing

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's got a lot of potential. It sure would be nice if he could play first grade again one day but it's hard when he has such rep calibre forwards like Elliott, Sue and Fuaolo picked ahead of him.

He and Ogden are our future enforcers and should be getting as many minutes in FG as they can handle for the rest of the season.
Ogden has managed to step up this year, but To'omaga never really kicked on in fg. Maybe due to limited minutes, I'm not sure. But I'd like to see him succeed in fg. We need another good forward.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ogden has managed to step up this year, but To'omaga never really kicked on in fg. Maybe due to limited minutes, I'm not sure. But I'd like to see him succeed in fg. We need another good forward.
Renouf needs a chance. He had very limited minutes last year and he performed well in that time. He should be playing ahead of Sue at the very least.

He should be getting 25 minutes minimum of first grade so he can get used to the intensity and physicality week in week out. Hopefully soon we can watch him develop the way Ogden has.

If we unearth more diamonds in the rough this season then we'll all be able to take something positive from yet another frustrating season.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Renouf needs a chance. He had very limited minutes last year and he performed well in that time. He should be playing ahead of Sue at the very least.

He should be getting 25 minutes minimum of first grade so he can get used to the intensity and physicality week in week out. Hopefully soon we can watch him develop the way Ogden has.

If we unearth more diamonds in the rough this season then we'll all be able to take something positive from yet another frustrating season.
I agree that he needs more game time to show his worth in fg, just as Ogden did. Ogden was really solid while starting. But I disagree about To'omaga last year. He was very underwhelming. He seemed a little overawed by the situation. He was going great guns in cup, but he was nowhere near that form in fg, which was a massive shame.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To'omaga is a funny one... he almost seems too "soft" and scared of hurting other players.

Needs to get some agro into him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree that he needs more game time to show his worth in fg, just as Ogden did. Ogden was really solid while starting. But I disagree about To'omaga last year. He was very underwhelming. He seemed a little overawed by the situation. He was going great guns in cup, but he was nowhere near that form in fg, which was a massive shame.
All the more reason why he needs time in FG to adapt. He has the talent and we're not making the finals so developing youngsters and seeing who is up to that level is what this season should be about.

In that vein, in the next few months or so, we need to see Katoa, Harper, To'omaga and Wakeham get an opportunity in FG.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the more reason why he needs time in FG to adapt. He has the talent and we're not making the finals so developing youngsters and seeing who is up to that level is what this season should be about.

In that vein, in the next few months or so, we need to see Katoa, Harper, To'omaga and Wakeham get an opportunity in FG.
Yeah I'd be happy with that. But this means players in fg need to be demoted. Can you? It will no doubt cause a meltdown in some way.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be happy with that. But this means players in fg need to be demoted. Can you? It will no doubt cause a meltdown in some way.
Anyone that isn't the long term answer or doing enough to warrant selection should be demoted in preference of young players like those listed. I don't think people will complain with that. I can't wait to see them get a shot.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa for Okunbor
Harper for Holland/Montoya
To’omaga for a bench forward other than Tolman/Napa/Ogden

Wakeham would be the only one that might cause issues, as we have Foran, Cogger and Lewis.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Katoa for Okunbor

Wakeham would be the only one that might cause issues, as we have Foran, Cogger and Lewis.
I agree with that. Wakeham needs majority of the season in cup I feel, but the last few weeks he has been really impressing and can maintain that consistency then he will get some time fg possibly of bench or partnering Foran back end of this year

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Katoa for Okunbor

Katoa can't be played till after June as he's on a development contract.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In 1 game Pay the shit coach started Toomaga against an all star Saints team before their usual choke.
First 15mins Saints had all the ball and all the possession and we were on the backfoot. Pay takes him off 15th min and never puts him back on.

Never gave him a chance to show his worth when we finally had the ball .Never gave him a chance to get back on field and get more taste of footy.

Now how would u feel as a young prop and having to go through that and then sit on bench for 65mins. It shatters ones confidence. Now look at Seibold and the amount of young forwards he is giving opportunities too while we have Elliott in the team every week..

Reaction score
toomaga's way too skilled to not make it in nrl, i just hope he does it in a bulldogs jumper