Too Much Inexperience

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When the old board got shafted we lost a VERY astute operator in Anter Issac. That bloke could have taken the club to new heights. He was already doing good things as chairman for Football NSW.

He also had a lot of business connections out there as well.

It's a shame we lost him.

Steve Price's experience comes from managing a "corner store style" supermarket in NZ. That's it. Would be like me managing / owning and IGA and suddenly thinking I could run on the Sydney Swans board of directors.

I said ages ago, this current board lacks professionalism. The writing on the wall was there from early on, but instead I got criticised for it.

The 3 amigos of the past weren't any better, but at least they kinda had an idea on the business side of things.
Lol hardly a corner store dairy sorry ‘Milk Bar’

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reference to the Milky Bar kid. Just another attempt to ridicule a good person. He deserves better than that.

Price graduated from the Southern Cross University with a Masters in Business Administration in 2010 as the Outstanding Young Alumnus of the Year.[14]

In the 2011 New Year Honours, Price was appointed a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to rugby league.[15] The award citation read: "He began the role (as captain) following the club's worst-ever season and helped rebuild it to become one of the league’s best." "He played a mentoring role to less experienced players. In 2006 he led the team with honesty and integrity while it was investigated by the National Rugby League over salary cap breaches, and in 2007 he was awarded Captain of the Year and Prop of the Year at the Dally M Awards." "Mr Price has been described as 'the most-loved Australian in New Zealand sporting history'."

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the old board got shafted we lost a VERY astute operator in Anter Issac. That bloke could have taken the club to new heights. He was already doing good things as chairman for Football NSW.

He also had a lot of business connections out there as well.

It's a shame we lost him.

Steve Price's experience comes from managing a "corner store style" supermarket in NZ. That's it. Would be like me managing / owning and IGA and suddenly thinking I could run on the Sydney Swans board of directors.

I said ages ago, this current board lacks professionalism. The writing on the wall was there from early on, but instead I got criticised for it.

The 3 amigos of the past weren't any better, but at least they kinda had an idea on the business side of things.
He was such an astute operator,then why are we in this fuckin mess,why did he not advise us,I'm starting to believe you have no idea what you're on about

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is what management experience Price brings to the table.

Owner / Operator at Waipu FourSquare.

upload_2018-7-20_16-33-34.png

and he now works as a Commercial BDM for a small health insurance company.

He wanted to return to the board to act as a bridge between the board and players:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/24/why-steve-price-wants-to-return-to-the-bulldogs/

He was such an astute operator,then why are we in this fuckin mess,why did he not advise us,I'm starting to believe you have no idea what you're on about
Because of Dib/Hasler/Castle. A board member cannot override a CEO/Coach/Chairman.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This year has been ordinary. There's no doubt about that. I will leave the judging till the end of next year. The club was in a disgraceful mess. Jrn neglected, players overpaid , cap in a mess. The previous staff took a gamble with the roster and fell short. We lost 2 gf .
Give the new staff a small amount of time to change the direction of the club. Its what the members voted for.
The youth policy i support. I think the recruitment of a couple of key experience players to support that policy must follow though.
We aren't as ordinary as the table shows. We aren't getting flogged every week and have lost numerous loss by small margins .

The next few years are crucial for the club. The new board need to get it right,if they fail its going to be a long time between drinks.
Agree with all you say. I watched Brisbane score early against the Panthers last night - the second try came after a kick ahead and the ball bounced right into Jimmy the Jet's arms. We could have had an early second try against Parra the same way, but the bounce didn't come up as it should, and the ball hit the upright. That's the way it goes sometimes. 12-0 would have kept the team attack sharp and confidence grow. Also last night I saw the Raiders attempt a strip near full time when down by four. It was ruled a knock on. Against us, the strip came off and they got the ball in time to win the game. There's no way a coach can be held accountable for these things. They rarely go our way, but luck comes with confidence. The more we play the style we do, the more our timing and confidence will come.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what management experience Price brings to the table.

Owner / Operator at Waipu FourSquare.

View attachment 6646

and he now works as a Commercial BDM for a small health insurance company.

He wanted to return to the board to act as a bridge between the board and players:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/24/why-steve-price-wants-to-return-to-the-bulldogs/

Because of Dib/Hasler/Castle. A board member cannot override a CEO/Coach/Chairman.
So what's the point in a board if they're not answerable to no one

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need an old head in the spine either 7 or 9. Someone who can stamp their authority on games and take control on last tackle.

Blake Green, Maloney, Pearce and Cronk were all off contract but we landed a busted Foran.

#dudrecruitment

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more... and the problem is there is no pressure from anywhere to really force any of the above to perform better.

Bulldogs HQ is easy street at the moment. Zero accountability.
Exactly.

They will say 2018/19 were shit due to past board/des without any true effort. Then in 2020 theyll probably sack pay for someone else.

Losing seems to hold no meaning. No-one cares because they blame the past board.

Many games this year we could have easily won if our team had a better game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.