Tony Williams

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So how are Manly allowed to play him? I know the NRL gave them special permission or whatever but was he even in their top 30?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You answered your own question
Dangerous precedence being set leading into finals when you can pluck an ex international and state of origin star out of obscurity to play is it not?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dangerous precedence being set leading into finals when you can pluck an ex international and state of origin star out of obscurity to play is it not?
It’s the same rules as during the season. If he was truly a threat he would of been playing already or in the top 30. They have many back rowers out injured

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So how are Manly allowed to play him? I know the NRL gave them special permission or whatever but was he even in their top 30?
They were given special treatment for the top 30 earlier this season when it came to Abbas Miski even though they had other backs who could have played, came back to the whole Walker scenario... funny the nrl allow it considering the cap punishment and all, kinda makes it irrelevant

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess as long as he isn’t changing nrl clubs it’s is fine.
But i think you raise a good point.
Do not want it to become like nba and ring chasing. Players swapping on finals eve etc

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
He wasn’t so good with us but if T Tex hits his old form he will be pretty destructive

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Exactly. I find it odd that it seems like I'm the first person to raise concerns on this. We all know he was worse then crap with us but let's say he comes out these finals and absolutely finds the T-rex of old. I can see it now, the teams they play will in hindsight raise concerns and be pissed off when it should be raised now. You have a Top 30, use it!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I actually think he has the potential to play one or maybe two good matches for Manly, but when it comes to the crunch he will get found out (as per usual).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he did those drugs hoping his pea heart would start again.
I really hope Des starts him and he plays as shit as he did for us

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasn’t so good with us but if T Tex hits his old form he will be pretty destructive
Huh..? Nah mate this guy is an absolute pea heart bitch . Des is playing the siege card again with his beloved sea budgies and killing it, but this is a nothing story about an over paid over rated peanut...

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Huh..? Nah mate this guy is an absolute pea heart bitch . Des is playing the siege card again with his beloved sea budgies and killing it, but this is a nothing story about an over paid over rated peanut...
Agree he was a pea heart with us but those couple years at Manly he had before he came to the Dogs you can't deny he was a unit

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree he was a pea heart with us but those couple years at Manly he had before he came to the Dogs you can't deny he was a unit
Yeah early on at Manly he was a bit of a weapon. But became a lazy prick who thought he was a 5/8..

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of exemptions to top 30 and picking players that weren't named in the 21 man team on Tuesday throughout the year.
I think you'll find that the Roosters would have gotten a large number of those exemptions.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We may not have seen T Rex but what about Loud Perrett who looked like he had eaten a dinosaur. How the mighty have fallen....

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may not have seen T Rex but what about Loud Perrett who looked like he had eaten a dinosaur. How the mighty have fallen....
Oh my god, I was going to say the same thing but forgot.
How can someone in the top 30 look so unfit? He is the new George Rose!