tony williams has apparently signed with parramatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebslam

New Pup
Reaction score
Not the worst signing. Could be a good signing depth wise, he won't be in the 17, but he will be there if needed due to injuries. His potential was unlocked at some stage (won a premiership at manly, played for NSW and Australia) and Brad Arthur does have a habit of getting the best out of average forwards, if he doesn't perform then he will retire.

One year contracts are good for those types of players who have been forgotten about - it will show if they are willing to put in the yards to get another contract, the Eels and Arthur have done this to many players in there roster some have worked some haven't but it shows the club is thinking.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not the worst signing. Could be a good signing depth wise, he won't be in the 17, but he will be there if needed due to injuries. His potential was unlocked at some stage (won a premiership at manly, played for NSW and Australia) and Brad Arthur does have a habit of getting the best out of average forwards, if he doesn't perform then he will retire.

One year contracts are good for those types of players who have been forgotten about - it will show if they are willing to put in the yards to get another contract, the Eels and Arthur have done this to many players in there roster some have worked some haven't but it shows the club is thinking.
Yeh completely agree. Great pick up for mine. If he fails it cost you nothing. If he gives you 3 solid games you got a bargain.

Trex isn’t someone you sign up for 4 years on 2.5 million. You need to be an idiot to do that.

At this price point (I heard 150k) he is a steal. Like you said isn’t a starter so once a back rower goes down he can step up off the bench.

And like you said brad Arthur does seem to get the best out of his players and I doubt he will carry duds. Looking forward to seeing him get a run. Hopefully his knee holds out this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.