Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
[video=youtube;c3IaKVmkXuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IaKVmkXuk[/video]

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The awkward silence remark was gold and so many people it went completely over their head.

Reporter was trolling for a reply, and in Abbotts mind it warranted no reply / silence. So that's the answer he got :roflol:

I'm not a big fan of Abbott though the ALP did nothing to help our current climate by spending, spending, then spending some more.

There's an old political saying: ALP spend, LNP mend. But sometimes the perception of looking to do something because you are tossing large money at it, is not the best economical decision for the country in the future (*cough* NBN *cough*).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no the abbott silence was all about not having an answer that sounded good

all politicians must sound good tbh abbott was caught in a situation where he couldnt spin it lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The awkward silence remark was gold and so many people it went completely over their head.

Reporter was trolling for a reply, and in Abbotts mind it warranted no reply / silence. So that's the answer he got :roflol:

I'm not a big fan of Abbott though the ALP did nothing to help our current climate by spending, spending, then spending some more.

There's an old political saying: ALP spend, LNP mend. But sometimes the perception of looking to do something because you are tossing large money at it, is not the best economical decision for the country in the future (*cough* NBN *cough*).
*cough NBN *cough has a lot of merit. *cough Abbott's paid parental leave scheme has none at all.

This budget is more wasteful than all the policies of the Rudd/ Gillard governments combined. Better to spend on worthwhile policies like NBN and carbon tax rather than waste on watered down policies like Abbott's version of NBN and his ridiculous direct action plan. If you are going to do something, do it right. Abbott and Hockey's determination to do just a little for the sake of window dressing is the epitome of wasteful.

Australia's debt level is 13 per cent. That is not bad at all in comparison to other first world economies. Labor avoided a recession many world governments did not.

Sure they made some mistakes, but nothing anywhere near as bad as the politically suicidal rubbish these ar$e clowns who are currently in charge have come up with.

Abbott got into power on the back of the spin of his policy advisor and the propaganda of the Murdoch press.

Most people see that now.

The libs face two choices I think. Either get rid of Abbott for someone slightly less incompetent and stupid (Hockey too) or face obliteration at the next election.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
no the abbott silence was all about not having an answer that sounded good

all politicians must sound good tbh abbott was caught in a situation where he couldnt spin it lol
This!

The reporter wasn't trolling for an answer, he was asking a question. Like it or not asking questions is part of a reporter's job description. Abbott is happy to work with conservative media that drives his agenda, but as PM if he is asked a question by the media he is expected to answer it. Not doing so just makes him look clueless. Which he is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This!

The reporter wasn't trolling for an answer, he was asking a question. Like it or not asking questions is part of a reporter's job description. Abbott is happy to work with conservative media that drives his agenda, but as PM if he is asked a question by the media he is expected to answer it. Not doing so just makes him look clueless. Which he is.
Add to this the fact he stood there like a tard for a good amount of time before saying he didn't think the question warranted a reply.

Oh f#ck..... Oh sh1t.... How do I answer this? Where is Credlin when I need her.... Oh f#ck..... Sh1t..... I'm f#cked.

So he tried and failed to claim the moral high ground.

Abbott is walking proof money can but morons the most impressive of academic qualifications but can't help them learn to think.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brilliant!

They should do one with the President of North Korea!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Seriously can't believe this clueless moron is running this country tbh.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Two possibilities can happen:

a) He eats you
b) He nukes your country
Didnt some hairdresser in London get done for advertising Kim Jong Whatever the **** his name is haircuts?

Maybe I will now get hunted down for that comment on the Kennel!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*cough NBN *cough has a lot of merit.
People always say this. Look at the technical side of it though (and in the position and industry I am in, I know quite a lot about this side of things).

The NBN is not about faster internet, it's about moving a bottleneck under the perception of faster internet.

So whilst one person in a street has internet via NBN, things will belt along.

Get a street of 30 or 50 homes on it, with their kids all belting down torrents, and you'll end up with a god almighty bottleneck. There are already reports of bottlenecking at some NBN enabled exchanges, and therein lies the issue. It's just a slightly faster (at first) version of the Telstra/Optus cable setup, rolled out over a larger area.

and then they talk about Gigabit transfer speeds. Despite the fact most modern hard drives are not capable of sustaining such speeds (despite branded at 3Gb/s SATA), Gigabit NBN speeds are a fallacy that will never happen, as the Exchanges simply cannot take the bandwidth that would be asked of them. Effectively people would end up DDOSing exchange links by hammering their connections.

To my knowledge most exchanges struggle to have 10Gbit links running to them, let alone anything higher.

Abbott got into power on the back of the spin of his policy advisor and the propaganda of the Murdoch press. Most people see that now.
TA and the LNP got into power because the ALP were hopeless. Failure after failure after failure.

Does that make TA a better PM though? Not at all, it makes him lucky due to circumstance.

I honestly believe Turnbull should have either been leader, or Treasurer, as the bloke knows money and is a multi multi millionaire ($xxx million personal wealth).

The libs face two choices I think. Either get rid of Abbott for someone slightly less incompetent and stupid (Hockey too) or face obliteration at the next election.
TBH I dont think the punters will forgive ALP for their years of issues, even if the LNP really buggered up.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha labor should employ John Oliver at the next election.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Comparing our debt level to to that of the rest of the world and saying it isn't that bad, is like comparing 2 piles of S&%T and saying the smaller one is not that bad. IT IS STILL A PILE OF S#%T. I'm not supporting Abbott by any stretch of the imagination, but just because we are not as bad as some, does not mean we are doing ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.