Tonga to be given more time

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May 22, 2006

BULLDOGS officials have softened their stance about the future of centre Willie Tonga.

Chief executive Malcolm Noad said 10 days ago the former Australia centre had a fortnight to give "an indication" of whether he intended to stay at the club.

But Tonga said after his successful return from suspension yesterday in the Dogs' 32-24 win over Cronulla he knew nothing about a deadline.

Chief executive Malcolm Noad said: "We'll talk to Willie's manager during this week.

"We were hoping to try and organise things, have things finalised within a couple of weeks, but if that's not the case then obviously he's a talented player and we're going to give him a bit of latitude.

"He's a priority for us and we'd like him to make a decision as soon as possible."

Tonga hinted he would find it difficult to make a decision by Wednesday. "I haven't heard [of a deadline]," he said.

Another Dog with an uncertain future is prop Roy Asotasi, who said he was yet to receive an offer from the club. "They haven't tabled anything yet, I'd like to get it over and done with as soon as possible," Asotasi said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,19210494-5001023,00.html

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
either way it has to be sorted soon, i cant believe we havn't offered asotasi anything yet

Status
Not open for further replies.