Tonga Hasnt Been the same since his operation, Anyone else noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
Im not bagging him out or anything, but it seems like hes alot more reserved with his playing now, doesnt try as much tricky stuff as he used to, might be lacking a bit of confidence? or is it just me..?

Dog4Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Youre absolutely right played his best game this season against Melbourne

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He obviously is worried about re-injury but still pulls off some good plays,I also noticed he is hogging the ball more rather than passing.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
yeah i agree, he used to try alot of steps and such, now i havent seen much from him all season, like he used to stand out alot to me in previous years, but now hes really kind of taken up a more low key style of play

Matty B

Reaction score
Yeh he definitely hasnt, Hodges was the same after he done his knee, it takes time to recover both mentally and physically, some say it takes up to 3 years to get your full speed back after knee ligament damage, but Hodges has bounced back since, so give Tonga time, hes a good footballer and in 2004 he was the best centre in the comp, he'll be back.

Strikerdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yep agree jen, although I think he is starting to come back into a bit more form now, he had a smirk on his face last night when he ran around the storm outside backs to put hazem in for that try....not sure what that was about....

but lets hope he gets back to the form which had him playing for Qld I havent seen him fend off a player like he used to for some time !

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
yeah im heaps sure hell be back, ive no doubts for him, wishing him all the best and lots of luck, gotta get that boy back hes a key player

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes slowly getting back into the attacking form

his defence has been better than ever. and last night he started to show the step the fend and the pass... give him awhile and he'll be back, just doesnt trust the knee 100% yet

Cordz316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he doesnt seem to get enough ball early. showed his old form last night with the try he set up for hazem off the scrum we need more of that. I still remember how he taught Hodges a lession back in 04. It funny how times change. Hodges is now one of te best centres going around and tonga is just another centre.

Funny thing is tho. If he was to go to a new club, i reckon the bloke will be back to his best. not that i want him to leave.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
You are spot on with your assessment.

What is with his ball control?

Cordz316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he seems to run passed the ball, before hitting the line. Ive noticed that heaps with him

kebbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hes gradually gettin back into form, but you can see he is still tentative with his play...i want to see the old tonga :(

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tonga had his best game for ages last night! He isnt back to his best from 04, but he's getting there. His defence has been awesome this year.

Tunks

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it isn't easy coming back from an injury. The confidence would be shot. Plus he hasn't been given many opportunities, as we have had very limited linebreaks.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
im pretty excited about the sharks game, i really think everyone will lift heaps, im pretty eager to see how all of these positions and stuff turn out, anyhoo im out, nice chattin guys, nite.:grinning:

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be interesting

I've always rated Tonga fairly highly and having him gives us a spark we need.

He kinda reminds me of hodges lol.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Hes slowly getting back into the attacking form
Agreed, he will fire soon enough

I dont think his worried about his knee anymore, he hits the defense hard

His form will return IMO

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, he will fire soon enough

I dont think his worried about his knee anymore, he hits the defense hard

His form will return IMO
his hitting hard but everytime he steps he seems 2 be in 2 minds

1eyedfanatic

OnThePunt
Reaction score
Tonga is not getting the same service Anasta used to provide...
...look what happened when he got early ball Monday night!!..

Dogged

Waterboy
Reaction score
Spot on 1eyed, he hasn't been receiving the service from the halves that he needs to use that little jink he has. When he gets the ball with a bit of room to move that's when he is at his best. Showed some good signs against the Storm, and he's one on one defence has been fantastic this year. Hopefully the Tonga of old is just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.