Tommy Raudonikis has died.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tommy Raudonikis, perhaps rugby league’s most loved character, has died after a long battle with cancer.

The former Australian halfback and captain was with his partner Trish Brown when he passed away at 7.15am on Wednesday in a Gold Coast hospital, only six days short of his 71st birthday.

“Tommy Terrific”, as he was known to his fans at Western Suburbs and Newtown, had been plagued with bad health for nearly thirty years, fighting testicular cancer, enduring a quadruple bypass, combating neck and throat cancer and ailments of the back and shoulders. Yet he fought on until cancer finally did to him what a legion of English, French, and New Zealand players could not.

More to come

Tommy Raudonikis dies aged 70 (smh.com.au)

RIP Tommy. You were a legend.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't know him personally, but one of my neighbors from about 20 or so years ago had an adult son with a disability that Tommy took under his wing while he was still involved heavily with the Tigpies. He allowed this young man to be involved with the coaching at the club, gave him a means to be a part of the players lives not just around coaching but to the point where he'd attend players social functions like their weddings and other parties. Really did improve his quality of life back then. So I'm sad to hear this news as I know he was a good fellow.

RIP Tommy and condolences to those who knew him on a personal level.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad, one of rugby leagues last genuine characters. Condolences to his family and rugby league in general

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
An absolute champion and larrikin, he will be missed...RIP