Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs board... JMK and Katoa are elite we don't need to sign a hooker lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep 100% .. I'm sick and tired of settling.. our next hooker needs to be a cracker not a fringe first grader.
We have to throw the bank at B.Smith. His service isn't mint but his a solid defender, ball runner and leader in the middle.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have to throw the bank at B.Smith. His service isn't mint but his a solid defender, ball runner and leader in the middle.
His service is a bit rusty atm because he hasn't had the opportunity to play hooker a lot in the past 2 seasons.... I'm sure if you put at nine for a whole preseason, his service will improve..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His service is a bit rusty atm because he hasn't had the opportunity to play hooker a lot in the past 2 seasons.... I'm sure if you put at nine for a whole preseason, his service will improve..
Agreed. I know the whole situation hinges on what C.Smith does but the club seriously needs to make it a no contest.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep 100% .. I'm sick and tired of settling.. our next hooker needs to be a cracker, not a fringe first grader.
Issue is though only guy likely to be available will be Smith... I'd rather pay around 350k for Starling compared to 750+ that Smith would want. Reason for this is because of us overpaying Thompson, Jackson, Elliot and DWZ. If we were smarter with those negotiations maybe I'd feel different. Grant or McInnes are my preferred options if it's a free for all.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Hard to tell if Starling is good or were making an average player look immortal
He is a more than useful hooker (certainly better than what we now have).....but like a lot of opposition hookers he seems to throw a lot of forward passes from dummy half.....something the NRL refs need to clamp down on.....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
66 NRL Fantasy points, thanks Starling.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The other night Nathan Cleary called Mitch Kenny when referring to his style of play as a 'little bulldog' make of this what you will

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’d be after McInnes in a massive way. He’s a top shelf hooker
Agree he's been my preferred option all along if Daryl Clark was never a serious option. But tbh it just seemed so unlikely the way McInnes talked about his role at the Dragons. But with Hunt on 1.2mil til 2022 and a player option for 2023 who knows.