No Source Tom Starling

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Young hooker from Canberra, I thought he went well last night in their victory over the Roosters.
He’s from Sydney, so possible option to target.
Thoughts?
He’s off contract too. I doubt the Raiders would be able to offer him much either

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, I was thinking the same thing. He looked impressive.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Given where we are at for the #9 spot, he is worth going after.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One of the news pages mentioned that we should target him also.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who else do the Bulldogs need to get the most out of Cotric?

On that note, signing Cotric alone won’t solve their problems and at that moment, he certainly won’t be able to shine in the current Bulldogs set-up. Cotric has made a name for himself at the Raiders as one of the best finishers in the game. Be it on the wing or in the centres, his sheer power and athleticism has seen him ice many tries for the Raiders. The passes won’t be as crisp at the Bulldogs though. Too often, their more inexperienced halves don’t get the execution right with passes either going to ground or sailing into the stands. While Cotric has a knack for scoring tries out of nowhere, the Bulldogs need to address their attack in the opposition 20 before believing he alone will fix their problems. Going to the market is one option with Jai Field, Benji Marshall and Blake Green just a few of the playmakers available. Jackson Hastings has also been linked to an NRL return next year and could provide a similar mix of creativity and passion to that Josh Reynolds provided during his time at the Bulldogs. Even if they don’t go to the open market, they need to prioritise nailing down Foran’s halves partner during the off-season rather than constantly chopping and changing the spine. There are plenty of experienced options available at hooker including Andrew McCullough, Jake Friend and Nathan Peats but the Bulldogs are building towards the future and need to invest in a long-term solution. Tom Starling, if he continues to impress like he did on Thursday night for Canberra, could be a smart buy given he could be desperate for an opportunity stuck behind Josh Hodgson and Siliva Havili. It will also be worth monitoring the situation at Melbourne around Harry Grant and Brandon Smith, as well as the impact that has on Jacob Liddle.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be a good option hopefully he plays a few consistent games

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looked energetic and crisp. Only 1 game in though to judge. Mind you, was against the Chooks. No stage fright from the kid is a plus.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We definitely should be after Smith and Grant and should be watching Starling very closely after last night.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Cotric, bateman, Starling, Scott, Guler. Ricky gonna be firebombing the leagues club if we keep this up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Damien Cook regen.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Cotric, bateman, Starling, Scott, Guler. Ricky gonna be firebombing the leagues club if we keep this up.
The same Ricky who cost us a spot in the 99 GF?
He owes us, stuff Sticky Stuart.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After Grant I would be chasing him.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You couldn’t go wrong chasing:
Grant
B Smith
Friend
Walters
Starling
Mahony

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You couldn’t go wrong chasing:
Grant
B Smith
Friend
Walters
Starling
Mahony
Might just be me but I’m not a fan of Friend. His silly ruck infringements would annoy me. And I don’t think he is anything that special outside of a defensive hooker with a big heart and a crisp passing game.

I’d rather we chased Mccinnis who is playing out of position to right a 1.2 million dollar wrong in hunt. Apart from that every other hooker on your list is exactly what we need. And would transform our spine drastically (look at grant in the tigers team).

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benji is all class.

Rather him than green

Benji could go another 2 years easy