Tolman staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you watch the game again ? And if so please tell me when tolman was completely dominated so i can go back and watch it

Because from what i watched he wasn't the one who missed the tackles that led to the tries , the only thing tolman stuffed up from memory was when he tried to offload in the opposition 20 and turned the ball over.

Let's not forget he was the only player who chased the Frawley kick and tackled the storm player in the in goal for us to get the ball back. At this stage he is the 1st player picked on the bench and deservedly so now its just up to Pay to pick the other 3 players on the bench to find the right balance
If any of our forwards deserve criticism, then perhaps people should look to our captain who missed two tackles that lead directly to tries. He also played the whole game and made less meters then tolman.
Im not having a dig at jackson, but when you look at it, it appears to me that topman was more effective.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dude Alvaro has made plenty look that weak... He does it every week, don't think the kid doesn't have great leg drive.
Exactly, and tapau tramples many players every single game.
Its hardly making excuses for graham, its simply defending his worth because people cant help but criticise him no matter how he plays.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 5281

Compare Glasbys stats to tolmans as bench forwards who probably got equal amount of time

Ken Bromwich got 89 metres off 8 runs
Ok, so tolman made more meters then woods, klemmer, and bromwich who are all starting international props, as well as asofa solamona, finucane, jackson and fualalo, but you are arguing that he offers no impact and never makes any meters. Or is this the middle of the stats table?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you watch the game again ? And if so please tell me when tolman was completely dominated so i can go back and watch it

Because from what i watched he wasn't the one who missed the tackles that led to the tries , the only thing tolman stuffed up from memory was when he tried to offload in the opposition 20 and turned the ball over.

Let's not forget he was the only player who chased the Frawley kick and tackled the storm player in the in goal for us to get the ball back. At this stage he is the 1st player picked on the bench and deservedly so now its just up to Pay to pick the other 3 players on the bench to find the right balance
Tolman is pretty much dominated in every tackle. If you can't see that that's your problem. Again excuses for him.

Right let's blame Josh Jackson for missed tackles in some useless comparison to tolman. How on earth does Josh Jackson missing a tackle on the edge against a fullback compare to tolman in the middle?

And lo and behold we're giving him wraps for pushing Munster over the dead ball line.

Where's the quick play the balls? Where's the dominating tackles? Where's the post contact metres? You know the things he's paid to do?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman is pretty much dominated in every tackle. If you can't see that that's your problem. Again excuses for him.

Right let's blame Josh Jackson for missed tackles in some useless comparison to tolman. How on earth does Josh Jackson missing a tackle on the edge against a fullback compare to tolman in the middle?

And lo and behold we're giving him wraps for pushing Munster over the dead ball line.

Where's the quick play the balls? Where's the dominating tackles? Where's the post contact metres? You know the things he's paid to do?
How is it iseless comparing the two? Fuck me. Your saying tolman is shit, but he didnt miss a single tackle and jackson missed two that lead directly to tackles. Its not as if im comparing tolman to a fb, he is another forward ffs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly, and tapau tramples many players every single game.
Over the past 2 seasons I've watched close to every single game in the comp. I've never seen tapau trample the way he did when he was up against tolman. He LITERALLY carried him for 30 metres

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it iseless comparing the two? Fuck me. Your saying tolman is shit, but he didnt miss a single tackle and jackson missed two that lead directly to tackles. Its not as if im comparing tolman to a fb, he is another forward ffs.
Really?

Tolman, middle of the field congested

Jackson out wide, hoppa drifts too far wide in defense leaving a gaping hole and then you have a back rower (who are not as fast as backs ) against a fullback who has a hole to run into.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really?

Jackson out wide, hoppa drifts too far wide in defense leaving a gaping hole and then you have a back rower (who are not as fast as backs ) against a fullback who has a hole to run into.
Forward packs are made up of a variety of attributes in the side to find a good balance , As i said Tolman deserves his spot in the 17 so far therefore it's up to Pay to find the right balance for the remaining 3 interchange spots.

And it looks like Pay is doing that by maybe putting Eastwood back in Nsw cup and promotng Renouf or Fine

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ok, so tolman made more meters then woods, klemmer, and bromwich who are all starting international props, as well as asofa solamona, finucane, jackson and fualalo, but you are arguing that he offers no impact and never makes any meters. Or is this the middle of the stats table?
How many runs did tolman have in comparison though ? thats the key.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really?

Ok whatever. Im tired of this back and forth. You clearly think your right, and i think your wrong. Thats it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Really?

On a short fast track to dont forget. Alot harder for a forward to track an elite back in these conditions

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many runs did tolman have in comparison though ? thats the key.
Not really. If everyone says he is shit yet he comes off the bench and makes more meters then our starting props then i dont care how many runs he took.
But i dont know this. Im just looking at the stats screenshot that was posted. I havnt seen the stats for the game of all players.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not really.
it kind of is though... players like woods it doesnt matter as much as he offloads and rarely gets put on his back. Whereas Tolman will make 5m get dominated and get a slow play the ball... its ineffective given how our interchange was utilised. Im not questioning his position in our 17... Klemmer or Woods get injured or cant come back from a HIA we need him. Its just that the coach needs to use him better.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman ran more metres than Klemmer and Woods? Lol wut? Where are people getting that from? Woods and Klemmer almost ran double what Tolman did.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman ran more metres than Klemmer and Woods? Lol wut? Where are people getting that from? Woods and Klemmer almost ran double what Tolman did.
It's cause my screenshot only partially captured the stats.

If people looked they'd see stats are sorted by metres and that the screenshot is the bottom part of the stats

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They obviously made a mistake but i guess their whole point is that tolman deserves to be in the 17

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it garbage... His work rate for the team is phenomenally consistent and as said before I'm pretty sure everyone on the team appreciates what he does on field.
I manage someone at work that consistently produces a high VOLUME of work, however the quality of work is so piss poor that theres pressure from my boss to force this person out.. so in summary work rate only tells half the story

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would seem that the most important opinion after all our arguing is the opinion of the coaching staff since Tolman is still in the side.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman has been deadset average for ages, now if you're talking about someone on about minimum wage and just starting out then by all means, but Tolman is literally on a high af salary. Des really f*cked us up the arse there, feel's like what he did was intentional to fuck us up.

Tolman shouldn't be in first grade, he kills our momentum and if we need a workhorse we're better off finding someone that has better physical attributes than him.

All in all between him and Eastwood i'd drop Eastwood first who not only does nothing but is a fat piece of lard that can't do anything

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I manage someone at work that consistently produces a high VOLUME of work, however the quality of work is so piss poor that theres pressure from my boss to force this person out.. so in summary work rate only tells half the story
toshay... Though is he short cutting?

Status
Not open for further replies.