Tolman puts his hand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty useless article!! Typical telecrap. 'Hey boys, the agenda for today is that we need to sell a few papers tomorrow. Someone go and write something useless and uninformative about the bulldogs, that should create a spike in sales'.
Would rather read an article about where Pay intends playing Tolman to be honest.
I really hope woods is not made captain. Not because he is not captain material, he just doesnt deserve that honour before playing a single game for the club. Especially given the clubs efforts to realign themselves with our club of old, and bringing a bunch of our former club captains back to the fold. It would be a real slap in the face to them, and us fans.
Jackson has to be captain. There is no other choice, and im sure Pay will see it this way too.
it's a fair article, captaincy is an important role in a team and it hasnt been publically announced.
Only certain people can pull it off and there's no one in our team that I can think of who has the right qualities.

Jackson is not a leader ,Klemmer is a leader but he's immature, Bmoz and Jmoz don't have charisma, mbye is fake, Moses is meek, Tolman is not creative or resourceful, Foran is new, woods needs a haircut, Lichaa is a grasshopper ... I'm running out of options

Not even Graham who looked like a born leader could captain our team .

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was hoping it was he puts his hand up to come off the bench.
I had hoped he was putting his hand up to run the drinks or leave the club...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it's a fair article, captaincy is an important role in a team and it hasnt been publically announced.
Only certain people can pull it off and there's no one in our team that I can think of who has the right qualities.

Jackson is not a leader ,Klemmer is a leader but he's immature, Bmoz and Jmoz don't have charisma, mbye is fake, Moses is meek, Tolman is not creative or resourceful, Foran is new, woods needs a haircut, Lichaa is a grasshopper ... I'm running out of options

It was a nothing article. No two ways about it. How is this news??? Tolman was captain at times with graham on the bench, so naturally he is an option. But its hardly news worthy. Reporter: 'would you put your hand up to be captain?' Tolman: 'yeah of course i would'. Its a no brainer. Who would say no to this if they were asked by their coach?
In regards to the other part of the article where Bmoz and Jmoz reaffirming what we already know, thats no news either.
And Jackson is a leader all day every day. How do you not see this??

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if you need a natural leader you need to look no further than Moses mbye.

Another option would be a Morris twin.
Can someone please tell me if there’s any reason we don’t see more winger captains?

Since they don’t see a lot of ball or action , seems a good place to direct play ?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you need a natural leader you need to look no further than Moses mbye.

Can someone please tell me if there’s any reason we don’t see more winger captains?

Since they don’t see a lot of ball or action , seems a good place to direct play ?
Are you drunk again?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I have stated before, Tolman is our X-factor from the bench, he can do things from there that no other player can. For example, he can watch another player take the pill on the 4th, or when we’re in the opposition red zone, he can watch four different players do what he used to do on his own and that is, to touch the ball on the first, second, third and fourth tackle, also on some occasions even touch the ball on the fifth, Tolman could also learn how to score a try from one of our forwards when they have only the fullback to beat with 50cm to go to get to the try line!!!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

because during the game, seconds even minutes are wasted every time the ref blows the whistle, and this is with a forward being captain, having a winger captain would waste even more time, by the time they get to the ref, talk to the players and then get back into position, teams will have to start thinking about having replacement wingers on the bench as interchange players!!! The other reason is why would a winger be captain when the only example they set for the other players, is like you stated “they don’t see a lot of ball or action”...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What @Dogzof95 said. The other point is that a captain needs to lead by example and do a lot of hard work to set the example. A winger can sometimes get away with not making a single tackle in a game, and can often see very little ball if the attack is concentrated on the other side. So it kind of makes sense that a forward is captain.
By the same token, a lot of forwards dont play the 80. So i guess in that regard and 80 min player like a winger is not such a bad thing.
Jmoz may be worthy of the captaincy, but i cant see him being re-signed after this season, so there is no real reason to give him the job for a year. You want somebody who will be here long term. For this reason, i guess woods and foran are options. But not until they prove themselves in our jersey!!!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I have stated before, Tolman is our X-factor from the bench, he can do things from there that no other player can. For example, he can watch another player take the pill on the 4th, or when we’re in the opposition red zone, he can watch four different players do what he used to do on his own and that is, to touch the ball on the first, second, third and fourth tackle, also on some occasions even touch the ball on the fifth, Tolman could also learn how to score a try from one of our forwards when they have only the fullback to beat with 50cm to go to get to the try line!!!
Hahahaha good post

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Graham did captain out team lol

2 horse race - Tolman and Jackson
I hope if Jackson- it does not effect his form and worry about others and lose focus on his game

Give it to tolman so he can be the scapegoat

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought most would want Tolman as captain since our club has a recent history of shit canning them.
Personally i think Tolman is not a bad choice as a ‘figure head/onfield’ captain who talks to the ref during the game because we all know that Foran will be running the game show, Tolman can do all the corporate stuff off the field and try and argue with refs during games.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh yhe times he did captain in place of JG he did a good job. The way he spoke to the refs and got his point across was miles better than JG ranting and raving or putting his hands behind his back having a sook lol.

Only problem is he shouldn't even be in the starting line up haha. Probably not the team

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Thought Tolmam was considering a lawsuit against the other 15 clubs on field employees for bullying.

Would be frustrating following up after a Tolman hitup not inspiring.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t care what tolman puts his hand up for as long as it’s not up for the ball on the 4th tackle

Reactions: DT

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still think it will go to Jackson being a SOO rep as well as having been around for a while too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jackson and J Morris as co captains for me.
MAYBE Beastwood as a smokey.

Tols believe it or not is actually the second most experienced player at the club. JMoz first, Tols second, Beastwood third, and then Jackson.

They are also only guys with over 100 games with the Dogs (Jmoz will crack 200 games in Round 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.