Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great thread

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Page 3456123 of “The Who reads newspapers especially the telecrap”....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TOLMAN JOINS THE FRAY
VETERAN Canterbury prop Aiden Tolmanhas put his hand up to lead the Bulldogs after the departure of James Graham.

Tolman, Aaron Woodsand Josh Jacksonare the leading candidates to replace Graham. Jackson is the early frontrunner.

“I wouldn’t say no (to the captaincy),” Tolman said. “There are a lot of guys who will put their hands up for it. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

MORRIS BOYS NOW FORMER BLUES
JOSH Morris has quietly slipped out of the representative arena, bringing an end to his decorated NSW career.

The 31-year-old has called time on his representative career after six games for Australia and 14 matches for NSW, joining twin brother Brett.

Brett Morris pulled the pin after playing in this year’s series, which marked the first time in five years that Josh has not featured for the Blues.

“I retired before him,” Josh said. “I got asked before the Origin series started and I said I wasn’t interested and that I thought it was time for the younger players to start over and to build their own culture moving forward. I knew I wasn’t going to be playing Origin and I was fine with that.

“My body (is the reason). I owe it to the Bulldogs for this next year to put all my efforts and focus on winning a premiership. It’s something we haven’t achieved and something I want to do.”

Morris will be most remembered for his heroics in the Blues winning 2014 series when — despite a serious knee injury — he leapt off the ground to drag down a runaway Greg Inglis. He was a member of Australia’s 2013 World Cup winning squad.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/9ea9c49fb84ebfcd6bebfb0fbecc542d

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Before you all go and have a crack at Tolman, he was just answering a rather pointless question from a journo, its not like he issues a press release saying he deserved the job.

Most senior players would say yes to being captain if offerred.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOLMAN JOINS THE FRAY
VETERAN Canterbury prop Aiden Tolmanhas put his hand up to lead the Bulldogs after the departure of James Graham.

Tolman, Aaron Woodsand Josh Jacksonare the leading candidates to replace Graham. Jackson is the early frontrunner.

“I wouldn’t say no (to the captaincy),” Tolman said. “There are a lot of guys who will put their hands up for it. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

MORRIS BOYS NOW FORMER BLUES
JOSH Morris has quietly slipped out of the representative arena, bringing an end to his decorated NSW career.

The 31-year-old has called time on his representative career after six games for Australia and 14 matches for NSW, joining twin brother Brett.

Brett Morris pulled the pin after playing in this year’s series, which marked the first time in five years that Josh has not featured for the Blues.

“I retired before him,” Josh said. “I got asked before the Origin series started and I said I wasn’t interested and that I thought it was time for the younger players to start over and to build their own culture moving forward. I knew I wasn’t going to be playing Origin and I was fine with that.

“My body (is the reason). I owe it to the Bulldogs for this next year to put all my efforts and focus on winning a premiership. It’s something we haven’t achieved and something I want to do.”

Morris will be most remembered for his heroics in the Blues winning 2014 series when — despite a serious knee injury — he leapt off the ground to drag down a runaway Greg Inglis. He was a member of Australia’s 2013 World Cup winning squad.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/9ea9c49fb84ebfcd6bebfb0fbecc542d
I think Tolman would make a great captain he has the most experience in the team. His great in defense also.

When I say he would make a great captain im talking about nsw cup.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Before you all go and have a crack at Tolman, he was just answering a rather pointless question from a journo, its not like he issues a press release saying he deserved the job.

Yeah but it was the 4th question. They were going to ask a question to the halves but as it was the 4th question they asked Tolman instead.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Tolman shouldnt though, under any circumstances, any!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have nothing else to put in that shit paper,
Dean pay already has a captain in mind.
I'm sure he has more on his plate like getting our team fit and switched
On for 2018.
Dean needs to have the entire team stepping up and playing to there potential.
We have Captains across the whole park.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty useless article!! Typical telecrap. 'Hey boys, the agenda for today is that we need to sell a few papers tomorrow. Someone go and write something useless and uninformative about the bulldogs, that should create a spike in sales'.
Would rather read an article about where Pay intends playing Tolman to be honest.
I really hope woods is not made captain. Not because he is not captain material, he just doesnt deserve that honour before playing a single game for the club. Especially given the clubs efforts to realign themselves with our club of old, and bringing a bunch of our former club captains back to the fold. It would be a real slap in the face to them, and us fans.
Jackson has to be captain. There is no other choice, and im sure Pay will see it this way too.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was hoping it was he puts his hand up to come off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.