Tolman and Napa

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just on yesterdays game I thought Napa was pretty good. There haven't been many other games like that from him this year though.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman is gone just awful these days napa is a good bench prop should never of been starting him and ogden should be alternating

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman is gone just awful these days napa is a good bench prop should never of been starting him and ogden should be alternating
You don't pay a "good bench prop" 600k+. There's a reason why he ended up on the bench at the Roosters and was eventually replaced by a near minimum wage player.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just look how Thompson runs the ball with some passion farken,tolman to slow Napa no heart

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa is shit also I think.
Work rate is pathetic.
He did run more meters yesterday than I thought but still shit in all other aspects.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just on yesterdays game I thought Napa was pretty good. There haven't been many other games like that from him this year though.
Exactly. I actually noticed him more then just the first hit up. Not sure if the new coach got in his ear or Thompson told him he needs to fire up.

Still not a supreme performance. But a slight improvement of crap he has been serving up for a long long time.

Fact of the matter he is a defensive prop who can offload more then a battering ram.

Might also be because he was knocked off the hardest hitting nrl player. That might have fired him up because he did seem a bit more involved in bending his back defensively.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other than his God awful slow play the ball, he was better than most weeks.

For the life of me I can't fathom why Thompson was taking the third if not fourth carry. Tolman and Napa were too slow playing the ball.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly believe prop is our biggest problem in the entire team. People say hooker is our biggest problem. I say bullshit JMK isn't as bad as people make him out to be. These 2 powder puffs are our biggest problem. In fact our entire pack is shit. They just don't lay a platform for our spine and backs to work off. Jmk Meaney/Hoppa Foran Averilo. There is enough there to form a decent spine. Outside backs we now have cotric Smith dwz Hoppa Meaney Okunbor. There plenty of size speed and power there to damage other teams. But our forward pack is diabolical. Especially our props.

Sign Jesse Brownwich on a massive contract. Spend close to 1m a season on him I don't give a shit his worth every cent. Just like the warriors to us with steve price. That's the only way to get him to leave his brother in Melbourne. Jordan McLean is another off contract sign him as well. Don't resign Elliott we need the money for these 2. Sign Burton as well. Don't resign Foran.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz
6. Avo
7. Burton
8. Bromwich
9. Jmk
10. McLean
11. Chn
12. Jackson
13. Thompson

14. ?
15. Rfm
16. Napa
17. Renouf

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He isn’t a player you build a team around. He is a role player. Money he got was absurd and hope it’s his last dogs contract. I honestly feel the best thing he has done at the club is the media interviews he gives. If anything good for a laugh.

I’d let RFM follow him. That guy is the laziest defender I have seen in nrl. People on here keep on jizzing over him like he is the improved SBW. but is the laziest defender late in games. Not just a shirt grabber. He is playing oz tag at times with some efforts.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa is shit also I think.
Work rate is pathetic.
He did run more meters yesterday than I thought but still shit in all other aspects.
Made 36 tackles yesterday without miss which it pretty good.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Napa wasn't defending as much as previous weeks at the beginning of the game. Hes usually gassed 10-15mins in.
Not many 6 agains yesterday. It usually puts us on the back foot at the beginning of games. Dont know how one of the most Ill disciplined teams (us) and the Dragons who weren't letting our players get to their feet to play the ball not be penalized for it like most other matches being played.
I actually think thats why we scored 3 tries in the first half, we were in 'grind out a win' mode more like last years rules.
Napa did make a couple of good runs yesterday, not all were flops into tackles.
I think Thompsons having an affect on him.
For all the shit yesterday, something had changed. Cant expect much with Steve running the show after 5 days but somehow I thought we looked better in the first half. I know, doesnt really say much for our performance.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worse front row in comp. Time to say bye bye at contracts end.

Should be grabbing McLean and Bromwich along with a top shelf rake.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly believe prop is our biggest problem in the entire team. People say hooker is our biggest problem. I say bullshit JMK isn't as bad as people make him out to be. These 2 powder puffs are our biggest problem. In fact our entire pack is shit. They just don't lay a platform for our spine and backs to work off. Jmk Meaney/Hoppa Foran Averilo. There is enough there to form a decent spine. Outside backs we now have cotric Smith dwz Hoppa Meaney Okunbor. There plenty of size speed and power there to damage other teams. But our forward pack is diabolical. Especially our props.

Sign Jesse Brownwich on a massive contract. Spend close to 1m a season on him I don't give a shit his worth every cent. Just like the warriors to us with steve price. That's the only way to get him to leave his brother in Melbourne. Jordan McLean is another off contract sign him as well. Don't resign Elliott we need the money for these 2. Sign Burton as well. Don't resign Foran.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz
6. Avo
7. Burton
8. Bromwich
9. Jmk
10. McLean
11. Chn
12. Jackson
13. Thompson

14. ?
15. Rfm
16. Napa
17. Renouf
You would throw jmk on the bench for utility value and bring in a star hook.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea they can go, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.!!

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes bend the line back quick play the ball and set is rolling
Other than his God awful slow play the ball, he was better than most weeks.

For the life of me I can't fathom why Thompson was taking the third if not fourth carry. Tolman and Napa were too slow playing the ball.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really doesnt matter if they are not resigned. However any new player has to be better or not at all.
Props usually arnt ready at 19 or 20, so a more seasoned player is needed.