TOLMAN @ 13, Good Move IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I think that's the way Pay is thinking to. I'm sure if it flops he will turf him too. I think if Tolman and Elliot underperform they will get the Eastwood and Frawley treatment, sooner or later.
Elliott has underperformed his whole short career bar two games.

Yet apparently got players player last game lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott has underperformed his whole short career bar two games.

Yet apparently got players player last game lol
Seriously? Lmao.

Well there you have it. We've uncovered the problem. The entire team is blind lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about you both let it go we are almost at the last page of this thread
He did work his ass off.. plenty of hard hittin in tackles and ran hard but it goes to show how insufficient the rest of the team was.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure Foran defends on the right and goes where we wants in Attack.
I'll have to play closer attention this week. I recall watching him in Perth and he was on the left in attack and Frawley on the right as they both put on plays right in front of me and historically Foran has defended on the left.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gotenks is like that school kid who can never be wrong and is impeccable.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
There is a great position for Tolman but not just yet as unfortunately, the other options are even worse. Poor recruitment and retention will do this to you!

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summing up - I think Tolman is being used at 13 as Pay doesn't think the second rowers in isp are good enough/ready enough to take JJ's wide spot with JJ going to lock. Imo JJ to lock is a no brainer, whilst he is a machine, he doesn't have the step or speed out wide to worry defence's. There's a few blokes in isp that have potential, I suppose we'll have to keep going bad to force Pay's hand and give one a chance.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How good was Tolman for us tonight, he was a big on field leader on the middle 3rd for us tonight.
Not at all, literally played exactly the same as he has all season except he started and got more minutes. The sooner Jackson wears the 13 the better off we will be.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not at all, literally played exactly the same as he has all season except he started and got more minutes. The sooner Jackson wears the 13 the better off we will be.
Wake up you clown admit youre wrong which i know you cant ,tolman was brilliant tonight and did what i said you flog he tackled,tackled,tackled which is what we needed

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I'll have to play closer attention this week. I recall watching him in Perth and he was on the left in attack and Frawley on the right as they both put on plays right in front of me and historically Foran has defended on the left.
He has struggled on the right in defense. Our whole right side has issues. All mechanics so hopefully they gel soon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wake up you clown admit youre wrong which i know you cant ,tolman was brilliant tonight and did what i said you flog he tackled,tackled,tackled which is what we needed
Not at all, he done the exact same things he done of the bench. Literally nothing different. Not a lock at all.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tolman was good last night.

Tolman aint no Taumalolo or Josh Maguire, nor can we have a superstar in every position, but it is evident that none of our bench players deserve a start over Tolman at 13.

Tolman can only be replaced by Jackson but then we need another quality backrower. Tolman is definitely valuable to our team this year and it is going to be very interesting what Pay will do with the recruiting for next year. Will Pay find a lock and do a straight replacement with Tolman or will Pay find a backrower and move Jackson into lock.

Our right edge D is a concern with Foran. Foran definitely knows how to read the defence and defend but his body cannot move laterally as quick as his brain. We have leaked alot of points on that right edge and its going to be a very difficult one to fix. I personally think moving forward we will need to move Jackson to lock and find a backrower who is a clone of Gavin Cooper and has JT's back in defence.

Pay definitely knows this is an issue as a few times last night Mbye moved into the line with Foran in defence and the Panthers put in a few kicks in behind and we almost got caught out.

Well done to Josh Morris on the length of the field try. You still have some speed in those old legs!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You really need to get over your grudges, its rediculous.
It's not a grudge, i was actually defending Tolman before the season but he simply hasn't showed the improvement i thought he might have. There was no difference to what he done tonight compared to what he done off the bench or starting last season. Yet people are acting like because he started it was some super workhorse performance ffs.

Was he bad? No. Was he great? No. It was just the same typical performance we have seen from Tolman over the years that people complained about yet some people are carrying on like it was brilliant just because we won lol. He'a a stop gap solution until Pay makes the required changes.

It also squashed the myth that some people had saying he would make all these tackles and leave others fresh with less of a workload. Yh that didn't happen. He was better than Woods tbf.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Screenshot_20180324-092139.png

He had another one like the photo against tamou as well and then another big one on one shot which he stopped their forward dead in his tracks. Credit where it's due. But still he had little impact in his hitups

Status
Not open for further replies.