TOLMAN @ 13, Good Move IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well maybe you should read things correctly.
I read it ya lunatic my comment was about tolman at lock yours wasnt maybe you should articulate your stupid comments better champ

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I read it ya lunatic my comment was about tolman at lock yours wasnt maybe you should articulate your stupid comments better champ
Says you. You're talking about Tolman at 13 just making tackles for 80 so i ask you to name another player that does that and you go ahead and name edge forwards ffs.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Says you. You're talking about Tolman at 13 just making tackles for 80 so i ask you to name another player that does that and you go ahead and name edge forwards ffs.
It doesnt matter clown if they are 13/12/11 some coaches play work horses at 13 some at 12 or 11 its the same shit but you get caught up on 13/12 or 11 and argue with everyone on here because you have no common sense ,news scoop champ guys like ryan hoffman,simon Mannering wear number 11 or 12 but news scoop they tackle ,tackle ,tackle and a guy like dale finnucane wears this magical 13 you are so caught up on and guess what he is known for ? Shock horror tackling

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It doesnt matter clown if they are 13/12/11 some coaches play work horses at 13 some at 12 or 11 its the same shit but you get caught up on 13/12 or 11 and argue with everyone on here because you have no common sense ,news scoop champ guys like ryan hoffman,simon Mannering wear number 11 or 12 but news scoop they tackle ,tackle ,tackle and a guy like dale finnucane wears this magical 13 you are so caught up on and guess what he is known for ? Shock horror tackling
And again you completely miss the point. Middle forwards, not edge forwards. There's difference. Most teams have an edge forward that does more work in defence, but that's not all they do. Would you throw Tolman on an edge and just tell him to tackle? No.

I guess i need to explain my point some more again. No coach has a middle forward out there for 80 to just tackle, no coach. You can't carry a player through the middle that just does that anymore. Trbojevic, Mannering and potentially Gallen are the only guys that have played 80 through the middle on more than one occasion in recent years, Tolman doesn't even come close to them. These players offer quality with and without the ball over big minutes and that's why the justify these big minutes. If Tolman could offer some of what these guys can in attack then yes absolutely he would be a good option, but he simply doesn't.

There's also no point in making comparisons with players going back more than a few years because the game has changed and interchange is reduced. 3 man tackles are also a big thing these days compared to previous years, so the idea that Tolman is going to make all these tackles and others are going to do less work and be fresh just isn't true. The players around him are still going to need to get involved to get the numbers in the tackle so we can win the ruck.

Now that i think back i remember Tolman playing 80 last season at one point. It was probably the worst thing ever and i remember TK carrying on about it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where is he? He's usually straight down someone's throat.
Got jackshit to say im guessing haha.

Does he hate me?..... haha
Maybe this is as close as he comes to conceding someone elses point??

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck cant you kust let it go and let someone else have a different point of view for fucks sake?!!!!!
I swear you act as though the kennel is your own personal blog where no one is allowed different opinions to you!!
There are enough people on this thread suggesting that its a good idea to have tolman at lock , and let him tackle all game to give this point some validity, so why the fuck cant you kust let this one go!!!
And by the way, news flash, Dean Pay has named him at lock. So you screaming from the rooftops that no coach in the competition is playing an 80 min tackler at lock could well just shot down because there is one coach doing it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don't think doggie meant it literally. There isn't many if ANY middle forwards who play 80 anyway.

I think he meant do a Stagg type roll of tackle tackle tackle. Stagg didn't play 80 either.

If I'm wrong what ever lol.

I don't mind Tolman at 13 tbh. Elliot is the one who is really doing my head in.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don't think doggie meant it literally. There isn't many if ANY middle forwards who play 80 anyway.

I think he meant do a Stagg type roll of tackle tackle tackle. Stagg didn't play 80 either.

If I'm wrong what ever lol.

I don't mind Tolman at 13 tbh. Elliot is the one who is really doing my head in.
Thats pretty much it. He doesnt need to play the 80, but he is definitely capable of punching out big mins and allowing pay to have more freedom with his rotations.
If he comes off the bench and plays 20 mins his attributes are wasted. But if you start him and get big mins out of him he can actually contribute.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats pretty much it. He doesnt need to play the 80, but he is definitely capable of punching out big mins and allowing pay to have more freedom with his rotations.
If he comes off the bench and plays 20 mins his attributes are wasted. But if you start him and get big mins out of him he can actually contribute.
Yeah I think that's the way Pay is thinking to. I'm sure if it flops he will turf him too. I think if Tolman and Elliot underperform they will get the Eastwood and Frawley treatment, sooner or later.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe this is as close as he comes to conceding someone elses point??
Mate it's not the 1st time he's conceded to me. He can't handle me brother! Haha.

Funny thing is were only human n ive actually given him a couple of "likes" with a post but he don't acknowledge it... ever! (Not that i give hoot) So stuff him, when and if i get time to put in an effort to reply and stop him in his tracks i will most certainly endeavour to lol coz honestly he don't deserve an ounce of respect the way he carries on and thinks he knows it all, because quite fkn simply he doesn't.

Now I've noticed he's taken the "silent" approach.
Love to know why? Wana hug maybe...

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why don’t they put jj at lock
I really think that is his best position in the long run, but for this year think they want him protecting Foran on the right edge until his body is 110% tip top.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think that's the way Pay is thinking to. I'm sure if it flops he will turf him too. I think if Tolman and Elliot underperform they will get the Eastwood and Frawley treatment, sooner or later.
Yeah most likely. Im sure he looked at this team and thought, "ok, tolman is on decent coin, so i should try and find a place for him. Ok, klem and woods are the starting props, so i will try him off the bench and see what happens". No luck there, so now he will try him at lock.
I actually often see tolman in a position to distribute the ball wider, so i think he can tackle all day and help link up with the outside players. He will go ok.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I really think that is his best position in the long run, but for this year think they want him protecting Foran on the right edge until his body is 110% tip top.
Foran plays on the left....I think it is more likely that if JJ goes to 13 he will be rotated off the field and we lose our skipper. That plus there wasn't a genuine replacement for him on the RHS.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate it's not the 1st time he's conceded to me. He can't handle me brother! Haha.

Funny thing is were only human n ive actually given him a couple of "likes" with a post but he don't acknowledge it... ever! (Not that i give hoot) So stuff him, when and if i get time to put in an effort to reply and stop him in his tracks i will most certainly endeavour to lol coz honestly he don't deserve an ounce of respect the way he carries on and thinks he knows it all, because quite fkn simply he doesn't.

Now I've noticed he's taken the "silent" approach.
Love to know why? Wana hug maybe...
I wonder if he is allowed to play with the other kids at daycare???

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A few seem to have it in for Tolman and can't see past their personal bias to see what is best for the team right now.

We are leaking 30+ points a game, there is no one better in our squad than Tolman to improve this area. He also has leadership qualities that will help.

Pragmaticly based in where the team is at right now he it absolutely the best pick for 13, second is a country mile.

Anyone that bangs on about other options right now, seriously NFI.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Of course our resident panel of "experts" will shoot you down for this thread, but i agree.
Tolman will never make the best lock in the comp list, and maybe there is a better lock at our club. But the thing that needs to be considered in all of this is what is the best balance for the team.
Right now we are leaking points, and i believe this is largely due to changing up tolman and graham for woods and klemmer. There is likely going to be a big improvement in our forward play once we learn to deal with these changes, but at the minute, having tolman there to tackle all game will certainly sure up our middle third, and i think the team balance will be much better. it should also give pay a bit more freedom with his interchanges as i can see tolmam playing at least the first 40 straight.
I agree. Worth a try for balance with the cattle Pay has. Nothing to loose by trying it now .

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran plays on the left....I think it is more likely that if JJ goes to 13 he will be rotated off the field and we lose our skipper. That plus there wasn't a genuine replacement for him on the RHS.
Pretty sure Foran defends on the right and goes where we wants in Attack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why the fuck cant you kust let it go and let someone else have a different point of view for fucks sake?!!!!!
I swear you act as though the kennel is your own personal blog where no one is allowed different opinions to you!!
There are enough people on this thread suggesting that its a good idea to have tolman at lock , and let him tackle all game to give this point some validity, so why the fuck cant you kust let this one go!!!
And by the way, news flash, Dean Pay has named him at lock. So you screaming from the rooftops that no coach in the competition is playing an 80 min tackler at lock could well just shot down because there is one coach doing it.
You tell me to let it go but at the same time you can't let it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.